Zloty Strength Further Delaying Rate Hikes
- Poland September core inflation weakens. // Regional Today;10/17/2013, p1
The article focuses on the report released by National Bank of Poland on October 16, 2013 regarding the decrease of the core inflation of the country to 1.3% in September 2013.
- Poland core inflation rises in February. // Regional Today;3/18/2014, p1
The article reports on the increase in Poland's core inflation rate in February 2014, according to data shown by the National Bank of Poland on March 17, 2014.
- NUMBERS IN THE NEWS. // Regional Today;7/8/2013, p2
The article reports on the decline of Poland's foreign reserves in June 2013 from the previous month, according to the National Bank of Poland.
- Euro Slump To Slow Growth. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2012, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p4
The article presents an economic outlook of Poland for 2012. It forecasts that the country's policy rate will decrease to 3.50% in 2012 with a total of 100 basis points (bps) of rate cuts from 4.50% interest rate maintained by National Bank of Poland (NBP) in 2011. It also predicts a slow...
- Inflation Likely To Peak Above 5% In August. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Sep2008, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p5
This article presents an outlook for the economy of Poland, as of September 2008. End year inflation is expected to come in at 3.2% due to price pressures easing through the latter months of 2008. The substantial tightening of monetary policy by the National Bank of Poland has helped to rein in...
- Economy Picks up Speed. Ratajczyk, Andtzej // Warsaw Voice;Aug2014, Issue 8, p53
The article reports on the economic outlook for Poland. It mentions the forecasts from the National Bank of Poland and the Institute for Market, Consumption and Business Cycles (IBRKiK) on the growth of Poland's gross domestic product (GDP) in 2014 and 2015. It states that the World Bank...
- Economic Structure and Context: Monetary System. // Poland Country Monitor;Mar2012, p20
The article provides an overview of the monetary system of Poland. It mentions that zloty is the sole legal tender in Poland which operates on a free float and added that its value can be determined through demand and supply. It notes the National Bank of Poland (NBP) which pursues an...
- Inflation To Reach 5% In Q208? // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;May2008, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p5
The article reports on the projected increase in Poland's inflation rate in 2008. Aggregate prices are predicted to reach 5% in the second quarter of 2008, which will eventually decline to 2.5% by the end of the year. The projections are despite the reviewing of the consumer price basket...
- PICKING UP SPEED. Ratajczyk, Andrzej // Warsaw Voice;Dec2013, Issue 12, Special section p36
The article presents a forecast by National Bank of Poland which reveals expansion of the country's economy and gross domestic product in 2013 along with issues of decline in unemployment rate in the country.