IN THE LOOP
- fingers tell a Story. // Kiki Magazine;Feb/Mar2014, Vol. 7 Issue 4, preceding p1
The article presents the names of winners of the story writing contest titled "fingers tell a Story" which include Sophie from Underhill, Vermont, Jessica from Orangevale, California and Samantha from North Haven, Connecticut .
- UIL writing contest open to Texas students. // Graham Leader;5/12/2013, Vol. 137 Issue 77, p6A
The article announces the acceptance of entries from junior and high school students in Texas for the 12th annual Fiction Writing Contest organized by the Texas Book Festival in partnership with the University Interscholastic League, sponsored by Kirkus Reviews.
- Local youth invited to enter fiction writing contest. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);5/22/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p3
The article offers information on the 12thAnnual Fiction Writing Contest as part of the 2013 Texas Book Festival and in partnership with the University Interscholastic League in Texas, including mechanics for the contest, submission of entries, and prize for the winners.
- Contest picks best bad openings. // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Dec2000, Vol. 113 Issue 12, p21
Presents the winners of the 2000 Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest, in which contestants write bad opening sentences to imaginary novels. Gary Dahl, California; Kevin Ruston, England; William D. Draper, Massachusetts.
- Drama in the deep sea. // U+S+ Kids;Jun96, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p7
Features a story writing contest for children called `Drama in the Deep Sea' sponsored by `US Kids' periodical.
- Winner of Our Discontent. Stroup, Katherine; Begun, Bret; Meadows, Susannah // Newsweek;2/19/2001, Vol. 137 Issue 8, p10
Discusses a fiction contest of 'Esquire,' in which there were 1,500 entries, and not one of them was good enough to win.
- Two New York women writers win $20,000 fellowship from Frederic Douglass Creative Arts Center. // New York Amsterdam News;8/23/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 34, p30
Presents the awards received during the 2001 Frederick Douglass Fellowship for Young African-American Fiction Writers in New York. Presentation of Jaira Placide and Mirlande Jean-Giles as winners of the competition; Backgrounds of the recipients; Specifications of the grants received by the winners.
- FLASH FICTION 2012 INAUGURAL COMPETITION FIRST PLACE: A Tie. White, John J.; Harris, Colleen S. // Grey Sparrow Journal;Fall2012, Vol. 3 Issue 3/4, p74
The article announces the winners of the 2012 Inaugural Competition including John J. White and Colleen S. Harris as first placers and other finalists and honorable mentions including Angele Ellis, Katherine Valdez, and Stephen Wade.
- Library Notes. Bryant, Kelli // Grand Saline Sun (TX);11/7/2013, Vol. 118 Issue 45, p4
The article offers news briefs in Grand Saline, Texas in 2013 including the National Novel Writing Month in November, the coffee and donuts served at the Friends of the Library on November 5, and the availability of new books "Doctor Sleep" by Stephen King and "Gone" by James Patterson.