Preparing To Publish Sequel To War Of The Roses--His Hit From Two Decades Ago--Author Plots
- Get free ebooks @. // APLIS;Dec2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p172
Presents a list of Web sites that offer free electronic books. Memoware; International Children's Digital Library; Fictionwise.
- Alpha to Omega available in electronic format. // Contractor Magazine;Feb2009, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p34
The article announces that "Alpha to Omega," a book that chronicles the early years of residential sprinklers can be accessed by fire protection professionals in an electronic format for free. It states that the book also deals with the technology that has saved several lives. Web site where...
- New BiblioBytes service offers books through Internet. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;2/28/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 9, p13
Reports on BiblioBytes online service offering books through Internet. Physical description; Payment schemes; `Crashcourse'; `America's Biggest Coverup'; Remarks from Glen Hauman, BiblioBytes' publisher.
- E-Book Report Addendum: What Publishers Can Expect from the iPad. // Book Publishing Report;Apr2010, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p1
The article focuses on the use of the tablet computer called iPad in the electronic book (e-book) industry. It states that iPad is viewed to be developed to respond with the next generation of electronic reading devices. It mentions that with the qualities of iPad be explored in web sites such...
- DailyLit Puts Digitized Reading in Focus. // Book Publishing Report;
The article reports that some companies and publishers see digitized content to be a good way to reach a small but committed number of readers, which is a way to provide a choice of formatting for consumer of traditional books. This is in spite of the claims by tech industry scholars that...
- Recommended Ebook Sites. // Vocabula Review;Nov1999, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p2
The article presents Web sites that publish electronic books. One of these is Ebooksonthe.net which is an electronic publishing house and electronic bookstore that offers a fine selection of authors and storytellers. Another site is books2read.com which is an Internet store that shows how the...
- CONNECTING THE DOTS. Selingo, Jeffrey // ASEE Prism;Dec2003, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p34
Reports on the development of the electronic textbook Connexions which could become a model for engineering education in the U.S. Universities that utilize the Connexions Web site; Design features of the electronic resource; Potential use of the technology on teaching other fields of study.
- Ebrary bulks out its e-books range and makes subs more flexible. // Information World Review;Feb2006, Issue 221, p3
Reports on the pricing models of electronic book (e-book) provider Ebrary. Plan of Ebrary to make title additions to its access list; Target e-book users of the company; Cost-effectiveness of the deal between Bournemouth University and Ebrary.
- Fatbrain.com Debuts eMatter. Albanese, Andrew; Rogers, Michael; Oder, Norman // Library Journal;11/15/1999, Vol. 124 Issue 19, p13
Offers information on the 1999 debut of eMatter, a secure digital publishing solution which would allow authors and publishers to sell their works online, by Internet company Fatbrain.com. How eMatter works; Comments from Fatbrain.com chief executive officer Chris MacAskill.