Agent Olivia Blumer Finds a Hero at Broadway Books
- Talking with...Joan Wester Anderson. B.G. // People;4/11/94, Vol. 41 Issue 13, p27
Focuses on the events leading to the decision of author Joan Wester Anderson to write her book `Where Angels Walk.' Appearance of a tow truck which helped her son on Christmas Eve 1983; Receipt of an red ceramic angel from a penpal; Best part about having a successful book.
- Banking on brand names. Simson, Maria; Chevannes, Ingrid // Publishers Weekly;3/7/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 10, The Red & the Black pS21
Presents a list of bestselling paperbacks. Books by well-known authors; Trade paperbacks; Diet books; Literary titles; Other mass market paperbacks. INSET: Almanac, atlases & annuals..
- Seducing the reader. Danford, Natalie // Publishers Weekly;5/30/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 22, p28
Reports on the marketing efforts of romance publishers to attract paperback readers. Creative Promotions' creation of consumer-oriented promotions such as direct-mailings; Zebra's contest by age group; St. Martin's Press' consumer contest; Harlequin's Father's Day promotion; HarperPaperbacks'...
- Joni, no longer blue. Purvis, Andrew; Graff, James L. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);04/21/97, Issue 16, p73
Looks at the reunion of singer Joan Anderson with her child. Comments from Anderson; The debate over adoption-privacy rules; Why she gave her child up for adoption; Details about her story.
- Paperback bestsellers. // Publishers Weekly;5/31/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 22, p106
Lists the top 15 best selling paperbacks for two categories, during the week ended May 31, 1999. Mass market; Trade.
- THE CHARTS. // Entertainment Weekly;4/20/2007, Issue 930, p67
A chart is presented listing the ten best selling trade and mass market paperback books for the week ending April 8, 2007.
- Harlequin to launch mainstream paperback imprint. // Publishers Weekly;3/28/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 13, p17
Reports on the launching of Harlequin's mass market paperback imprint, Mira Books. Focus on the women's market; Difference of Mira Books' titles with other Harlequin novels; Heather Graham Pozzessere's book `Slow Burn'; Publication and distribution plans; Authors to be published under the Mira...
- Brooklyn miracle. Nathan, Paul // Publishers Weekly;6/20/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 25, p28
Reports on the success of the book `Where Miracles Happen: True Stories of Heavenly Encounters,' by Joan Wester Anderson. Auctioning of reprint rights to Ballantine; Interest on the book by the Literary Guild; Purchase of the book's audio rights by Simon & Schuster.
- Williamsburg Household (Book Review). Bigelow, Therese // School Library Journal;Sep88, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p154
Reviews the book 'A Williamsburg Household,' by Joan Anderson.