PRHTA members select four candidates for president-elect post
- Curtain rises on vintage hospitality and cigar experience. Jubilee, Vincent // Caribbean Business;10/23/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p32
Reports on the Scholarship Foundation of the Puerto Rico Hotel and Tourism Association's (PRHTA) `Puerto Rico Celebration of Vintage Hospitality and Cigar Experience,' which highlights international chefs, winemakers and cigar producers. Details on the event; Comments from Erin Benitez,...
- Malaysia. // ASHA;Apr95, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p32
Reports on the formation of Malaysian Association of Speech, Language and Hearing. Contact information.
- South Africa: the race for portable qualifications. Macgregor, Karen // UNESCO Courier;Nov2000, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p26
Provides information on De Montfort University, a foreign school company from Great Britain, operating in South Africa. Overview of the school's demographics; How foreign institutions become threat to local and public universities; Amendment of the 1997 Higher Education Act in the country.
- International influence-peddling. Sant, Will Van // National Journal;3/13/99, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p701
Focuses on a United States Justice Department report stating that foreign governments, corporations and advocacy groups spent almost $80 million lobbying US Congress and the executive branch in 1997. Scope of the 1938 Foreign Agents Registration Act; Quatar's lobbying and litigation expenses;...
- PRHTA prods government to stimulate sluggish summer business. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;5/31/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 22, p12
Focuses on the campaign of the Puerto Rico Hotel and Tourism Association to stimulate business in the country. Request for additional funds from the Puerto Rico Tourism Co.; Improvement of the advertisements; Strategy to reduce travel costs.
- West coast hoteliers tell government to clean up its act. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;5/31/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 22, p12
Reports on the meeting of the Western Region Committee of the Puerto Rico Hotel and Tourism Association to develop a plan to attract more visitors to the region. Cleanup of the municipalities; Opening of a tourist information office; Display of the photographs of the west coast region.
- PRHTA: local tourism industry has a way to go. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;5/23/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 21, p21
Focuses on the tourism industry of Puerto Rico. Views of the president of the Puerto Rico Hotel and Tourism Association.
- PRHTA goes on its own with Grand Vintner Gala. Jubilee, Vincent // Caribbean Business;11/4/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p12
Reports that the Puerto Rico Hotel & Tourism Association (PRHTA) will present its Grand Vintner Gala, a fund-raising event for Puerto Rican students enrolled in university culinary and tourism degree programs, in the ballroom of the San Juan Grand Beach Resort & Casino. Admission fee; Plaza...
- PRHTA president welcomes colleagues. // Caribbean Business;8/14/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 32, pS3
Presents a letter welcoming persons to the 11th annual Puerto Rico Hotel and Tourism Association's convention to be held during August 18-20, 1997 in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- `Green' theme dominates convention. // Caribbean Business;8/14/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 32, pS8
Presents information on the Green Hotel of the Year award which will be presented at the 11th Annual Convention and Hospitality Exposition of the Puerto Rico Hotel and Tourism Association during August 18-20, 1997. What the awards are based on; Reference to the theme of the convention; What the...