Small Oregon Science Publisher Livens State Textbook Adoption
- Around The States... // Educational Marketer;9/10/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 26, p7
Presents news briefs concerning the procurement activities of several schools around the United States as of September 10, 2001, including the funds allocated for the textbook needs of Oklahoma schools.
- Summer's Educ. Survivor Show: California And Texas Legislatures. // Educational Marketer;8/16/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 24, p6
Reports on the issues over the textbook funding program proposed by the California and Texas legislature. Adoption of an implementation plan to reduce the weight of textbooks; Effort of publishers to stabilize the funding of textbook purchases; Rate of reduction in funding for instructional...
- We hear from readers. Leischer, Jennifer // Curriculum Review;May2004, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p2
Focuses on a study that identified a lack of depth in high-school history textbooks in the U.S. Implications of the findings; Impact of a statewide textbook purchasing system on public schools in the country; Criteria applied in choosing the textbooks used in the study.
- Leverage on Learning: Test Scores, Textbooks, and Publishers. House, Jess E.; Taylor, Rosemarye T. // Phi Delta Kappan;Mar2003, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p537
Discusses the role of curriculum materials in improving student achievement. How to select appropriate materials and maximize use of allocated money; Advice on purchasing textbooks from publishers and purchasing other curriculum materials.
- Georgia To Investigate Sales/Purchasing Tactics; McGraw-Hill Allegedly Restricted Free Materials. // Educational Marketer;8/16/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the plan of the State Department of Education to investigate the textbook purchasing practices of some of the largest school districts in Georgia. Impetus to the plan; Details on the allegations made by a former salesman of elementary-school publisher McGraw-Hill Educational and...
- Extending purchasing options. Shaw, Richard // American School & University;Dec96, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p42
Presents purchasing options that schools can choose from to save time and money. Includes petty cash accounts; Open purchase order; Procurement cards.
- UPDATE. // Education Week;11/29/1989, Vol. 9 Issue 13, p3
The article reports that the Wyoming Valley School in Wisconsin which was designed by architect Frank Lloyd Wright has been sold worth more than 300,000 dollars for an auction by the River Valley School District.
- Instructional materials for diverse learners. Tyree, Rhonda Beach; Fiore, Thomas A. // Remedial & Special Education;Nov94, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p363
Suggests features and considerations for the design of an ideal textbook. Accommodation of diverse learners; Text characteristics; Audience appropriateness; Features that enhance interest; Text organization; Dominance of important context.
- Behind the lines. Curtis, G. // Texas Monthly;Oct88, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p5
Opinion. Discusses the differences and similarities in textbooks of the early 1900s and today.