Foreign Bond Attractive
- LAOS. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Oct2002, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p8
Reports developments on political and economic issues in Laos as of October 2002. Increase in the anti-government activity in the country; Expansion of the economy of the country; Problems in the approval of foreign-investment application in the country.
- The economics of latent demand in Laos. // Laos Economic Studies;2000, p15
Provides an overview of the economic fundamentals within Laos that can be used by the business community to determine the country's strategic market and investment potential. Key industries and relevant factors affecting the economy; Sources of latent demand; A comparison of its key economic...
- LAOS: Signs of Unrest. Lintner, Bertil // Southeast Asian Affairs;2001, p177
Focuses on the political, economic and social unrest in Laos. Effects of financial crisis on the country economy; Inflation of currency in Laos market; Displacement of foreign investments; Shortage of capital in the government.
- Kip Will Ride The Baht Towards 8,000 By 2009. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Apr2008, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p7
The article reports that Laok Kip will ride the Thai baht towards 8,000 by 2009. It states that kip will appreciate to Laotian kip (LAK) 8,500/dollar by end of 2008, and to LAK8,000/dollar by the end of 2009. However, the kip should develop a momentum of its own, as Laos boosts its exports and...
- LAOS. Lintner, Bertil // Southeast Asian Affairs;2003, p135
Focuses on the factors affecting the economic conditions in Laos. Concerns over the dependence of the country on foreign aids; Number of foreign investments; Impact of economic downturn in the labor market.
- Economic Overview. // Laos Country Review;2012, p59
The article provides an overview of the economic performance of Laos as of 2012 including the country's constrained economic development, foreign direct investment (FDI), and gross domestic product (GDP) growth.
- Capital Market Potential. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Aug2010, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the economic status of Cambodia and Laos based from the 2010 forecast of Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI). It states that infrastructure development in the two countries will benefit from foreign investments. It also tells that the establishment of capital markets...
- LAOS: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Mar2011, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p7
The article reports on the business environment, political and economic risk in Laos including the announcement of the Cement Production Association that prices of cement products will be retained despite rising transportation costs, the bilateral meeting attended by Deputy Prime Minister and...
- Poor Business Environment. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Apr2006, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p7
The article analyzes the economic environment in Laos, which is considered to be poor. Investors are reluctant to invest in the country because of the condition of infrastructure. The country's network communications is backward and its financial system is underdeveloped. Although people of Laos...