THAILAND: RISK SUMMARY
- Crackdown Not Addressing Underlying Issues. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jul2010, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p3
The article provides an overview on the political conditions in Thailand from 2010 and beyond. It cites the implications of the imposition of military powers by Prime Minister (PM) Abhisit Vejjajiva to repress the Red Shirt protestors, who are supporters of former PM Thaksin Shinawatra, such as...
- Political Instability To Undermine Growth. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jul2010, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p1
The article presents a forecast on the economic conditions in Thailand from 2010-2011. It cites the implications of Thailand's political instability on the weakening of its economy. According to research firm Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI), Thailand's real gross domestic product (GDP)...
- THAILAND: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jul2009, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p2
The article discusses the political and economic risk and the business environment in Thailand. Price pressure remained subdued in May 2009 with the consumer price index recording a fifth consecutive year-on-year decline at -3.3%. The government proposed a controversial decrease in employers and...
- chapter 1: Political Outlook. // Thailand Business Forecast Report;2009 4th Quarter, p9
The article presents strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis on the political outlook and the political structure of Thailand as of the fourth quarter of 2009.
- Executive Summary. // Thailand Defence & Security Report;Q4 2011, Issue 4, p5
The article offers an executive summary of the political and economic conditions of Thailand in 2010 and 2011. The United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship political group won in a landslide victory against the Democrat Coalition. In August 2011, Yingluck Shinawatra was appointed first...
- Thailand Urged To Delay Vote. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;12/27/2013, pA01
9 The country's election commission called on the gov't to delay elections set for Feb. 2, amid signs that protests are growing more violent. One commissioner said the 5-member panel may even resign to ensure the election doesn't happen as scheduled. Protesters tried to halt the registration of...
- Temple tussle. // Asia Weekly;7/21/2008, Vol. 2 Issue 28, p7
The article reports on the effect of the military standoff with Cambodia over Preah Vihear on the governance of Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej in Thailand. According to reports, such military standoff with Cambodia is the new issue concerning the leadership and government operation of...
- Executive Summary. // Thailand Business Forecast Report;2007 4th Quarter, p5
The article presents various issues related to the economic conditions of Thailand consisting gross domestic product, inflation and export.
- chapter 2: Economic Outlook. // Thailand Business Forecast Report;2007 4th Quarter, p13
The article presents various issues related to the economic conditions of Thailand consisting monetary policy, inflation and balance of payments.