Frontier Markets: Outlook And Opportunities
- Asia needs 'technopreneurs,' not cyberpalaces. Hamlin, Michael Alan // Industry Week/IW;03/06/2000, Vol. 249 Issue 5, p20
Deals with economic development in Asia through investments in technology. Economic indicators in Asia; Government policy on economic development through high technology; Education of high technology entrepreneurs.
- Economic research and economic growth: Evidence from East Asian economies. Jin, Jang C. // Journal of Asian Economics;Mar2009, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p150
Abstract: Based upon page counts of articles published in 60 quality economics journals, the role of economic research is examined for five East Asian economies. In Hong Kong, causality runs bi-directionally between research productivity and economic growth; in Japan, the causal effects tend to...
- Eastern earnings. Lees, Chris // Money Marketing;11/11/2004, p62
Focuses on the prospect of positive economic growth in Asia. Catalysts of economic the economic trend; Benefits of the growth for retailers, financial services and property companies; Implication of the structural growth pattern for primary producers.
- Good and bad news in Asia. van Wyngen, Gerry // BRW;7/15/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p18
Examines economic developments in Asia. Economic growth estimates for 2004; Projected economic performance of various Asian countries; Performance of the region's currencies.
- Trade for Peace & Development in South Asia. Abbasi, Zubair Faisal // Economic Review (05318955);Feb2007, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p6
The article reports on the issue concerning trade that affects development in South Asia. It has been reported that the South Asia is the least integrated region in the world. While analyzing the regional integration potential, many experts put the burden of South Asia being least integrated on...
- Taxable sales continue to slide. Whaley, Sean // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);10/4/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p16
The article reports on the decline in taxable sales in Nevada. The economy of Nevada started to a weak in July 2007, with the value of taxable goods and services purchased by consumers declining 2.6 percent over the same month a year ago, according to the author. The major sales categories that...
- REGIONAL INDICATORS. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Sep2004, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p1
The article provides information on the economic growth of various countries in South East Asia during the past fiscal years. The current real gross domestic product (GDP) has increased in Indonesia from 4.5% in 2003 to 4.8%. Malaysia's present GDP growth has been recorded at 6.5%. GDP growth in...
- Asia: Problems and Prospects for the MNC. Galloway, J. Roy; Kapoor, Ashok // Columbia Journal of World Business;Nov/Dec71, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p33
This article focuses on problems and prospects for the MNC in Asia. The multinational corporation (MNC) has been hailed by many as the most enlightened and efficient agent for the developing countries to acquire the capital, technology and managerial inputs needed to stimulate industrial growth....
- East Asia & Pacific. // New Internationalist;Jan/Feb2005, Issue 375, Special Section p4
Presents news and developments in East Asia and the Pacific compiled as of January to December 2004. Political and economic developments; Social conditions; News about politicians and public figures.