Whose Rock-n-Roll Books Rock?
- THE MUSIC DIDN'T DIE. CARRIGAN JR., HENRY L. // Publishers Weekly;9/3/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 36, p34
The article looks at the continuing popularity of books about rock and roll music and the lives and careers of musicians. Several music books scheduled for release in the fall of 2012 are described, including the memoir "Waging Heavy Peace: A Hippy Dream," by Neil Young, the country music...
- FOR THOSE CHICKS ABOUT TO ROCK, WE SALUTE YOU. Hagan, Joe // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;9/15/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p14
Focuses on the 'Women Who Rock magazine,' a joint venture periodical from Rockgirl and Guitar One periodicals in the United States. Readership rate of the 'Guitar One,' periodical; Features of the magazine; Comments of publisher Ross Garnick of Cherry Lane Magazines on the periodical.
- FROM THE EDITOR-IN-CHIEF. // Biography;Aug2001, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p6
Introduces the articles in the August 2001 issue of the 'Biography' journal in the United States. Information on Crown Prince Haakon of Norway; Incident giving fame to couple Marilyn and Pat Greene; Struggle of physician Jerri Neilsen with breast cancer.
- ECW goes to Hollywood. Weiler, Derek // Quill & Quire;May99, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p19
Focuses on the success of celebrity biographies of Canadian publising company ECW Press. Strategy of the company for broader readership; Impact of celebrity biographies on commercial publishing; Effect of the company's commercial publishing on its government funding.
- Jones biography to be published. // BRW;7/13/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p97
The article reports on the plan to publish the biography of prominent broadcaster Alan Jones in Australia by the Australian Broadcasting Corp.
- Pump out the Nirvana volumes. Appelo, Tim // Entertainment Weekly;1/22/93, Issue 154, p9
Discusses books being written about the grunge-rock band Nirvana. `1992: The Year Punk Rock Died,' a fanzine scrapbook by Everett True; `Come As You Are: The Story of Nirvana,' by Michael Azzerad; `On the Road to Nirvana,' by Gina Arnold; `Nirvana: Flower Sniffin', Kitty Pettin', Baby Kissin',...
- And the meat goes on.... Baumgold, Julie // Esquire;May94, Vol. 121 Issue 5, p144
Features rock performer Meat Loaf. 1994 concert at the Madison Square Garden in New York; Earnings per week; Dislike of alcohol; Music type; Audience; Image as a singer; Career background; Support of wife Leslie; Comment of supporter Lou Edwards.
- The Authorized Al (Book). Lawson, John // School Library Journal;Apr86, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p107
Reviews the book 'The Authorized Al,' Tino Insana and Al Yankovic.
- Stars rock memories. Flamm, Matthew // Crain's New York Business;10/22/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p1
The article presents information related to business prospects for autobiographies of rock musicians. "Clapton: The Autobiography," is the current number 2 best seller. "Wonderful Tonight," a memoir by Pattie Boyd, ex-wife of guitar legends Eric Clapton and George Harrison, debuted this summer...