Agent Lavinia Trevor: From a Bestselling Mandolin to a Red Dog
- The literary agent said I was spread too thinly and should concentrate on sex education. Taylor, Laurie // New Statesman;04/24/2000, Vol. 129 Issue 4483, p63
Relates the author's meeting with a talent agent. How the author met the agent; Agent's assessment of the author's literary works; Information on the job that the agent offers to the author.
- proactively BUILDING a CONTACT list. Jolly, Russ // EventDV;Feb2006, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p46
The article focuses on the production professionals that must be included in the business networking list of a corporate video producer. The benefits of networking with writers are mentioned. The range of resources to finding talents are cited. The members of a specialty production crew are...
- TENPERCENTERIES. // Daily Variety;06/04/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 1, p6
Provides updates on the talent agents of actors, directors and writer in the United States. Contract of Dedee Pfeiffer with the William Morris Agency; Deal of helmer Charles Herman-Wurmfeld with Broder Kurland Webb Uffner; Representation of the writing team of Gregg Chabot and Kevin Peterka by...
- TURK WARS CUE AGENT ANGST. Brodesser, Claude // Variety;05/28/2001, Vol. 383 Issue 2, p1
Deals with the dispute between talent agencies, Endeavor and the Canadian Authors Association. Conflicts on the strategies of both agencies; Differences in their basic percepts about client representation; Significance of size on the nature of their business.
- Trolling for Fresh Ideas. Gordon, Devin; Brown, Corie // Newsweek;12/6/1999, Vol. 134 Issue 23, p88
Mentions Web sites that attempt to link musicians and writers with publishers and producers. Universal Music Group's FarmClub.com; GoodStory.com; ScriptShark.
- Red Dog (Book). Blakeney, Sally // Bulletin with Newsweek;12/18/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6306, p109
Reviews the book 'Red Dog,' by Louis de BerniÃ¨res.
- RED DOG (Book Review). Zaleski, Jeff // Publishers Weekly;9/17/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 38, p56
Reviews the book `Red Dog,' by Louis De Bernieres.
- CORELLI'S MANDOLIN (Book Review). Rotella, Mark // Publishers Weekly;2/5/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 6, p52
Reviews the audio adaptation of the book `Corelli's Mandolin,' by Louis De Bernieres and read by Stepehn Lang.
- Agents bite into the Big Apple. Goldner, Diane // Variety;08/25/97, Vol. 368 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the changes in New York City's talent agency landscape circa 1997. Includes the steady rebuild of the WMA since the acquisition of Triad in lare 1992; Rebirth of ICM with its strong literary department; Relaunching of the talent department of the New York office of the Gersh Agency;...