Education Publishing Leader McGraw-Hill Wants To Be 'Dominant Player' In Children's Trade Book
- McGraw-Hill Ed. Adds Large-Scale Test Reporting Capability With Acquisition of Grow Network. // Educational Marketer;8/2/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 22, p1
The article focuses on business activities in the U.S. Books publisher McGraw-Hill Cos. Inc. has acquired test-score reporting firm Grow Network for an undisclosed sum. McGraw-Hill gains Grow Network's proprietary technology, which creates score reports in an easy-to-read and use format. Key to...
- Title's local push. Glenn, Brandon // Crain's New York Business;8/27/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 35, p3
The article reports on the plan of the periodical "BusinessWeek" to launch a new periodical in Chicago, Illinois with the title "BusinessWeek Chicago." The new periodical will target the local market in Chicago. It will be an intensely local monthly magazine with a focus on longer, analytical...
- McGraw-Hill Carves Place in Nonfiction. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/16/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 24, p16
Highlights the business expansion and growth of McGraw-Hill's Trade unit (MHT). Publishing focus of the unit; Strategy used by MHT; Advantage of the acquisition of NTC by MHT.
- Famous McGraw-Hill ad gets facelift. Garigliano, Jeff // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;01/01/97, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the updated version of the `man in the chair' print advertisement of McGraw-Hill Co., which has been around since the late 1960s. Consistency in the ad's emphatic, blunt copy; Reason for the updating of the ad.
- New division to handle Ed. management SW. // T H E Journal;Apr94, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p24
Reports that McGraw-Hill has established a new division to handle local area network-based K-12 school administrative management solutions. Student management system for district personnel; Automation software.
- Hire service stars. // Personnel Journal;Nov95 Supplement New Product, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p15
Focuses on the Customer Service Skills Inventory (CSSI) from McGraw Hill. What it is; What it does; Special features.
- McGraw-Hill venture. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;7/31/95, Vol. 11 Issue 31, p22
Informs about a venture fund formed by McGraw-Hill Cos. to invest in emerging information industry opportunities.
- McGraw-Hill cuts. // Crain's New York Business;12/16/96, Vol. 12 Issue 51, p26
Focuses on the plans of McGraw-Hill, to reduce 340 jobs at its higher-education publishing division, with its purchase of a Times Mirror Company unit in October 1996. Effects of the layoffs.
- What makes the information industry tick. Flanigan, James // Caribbean Business;11/11/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p53
Opinion. Argues that McGraw-Hill Inc. is a prime example of what the information industry is and how it works. Indicators of resilience and likely future of the newspaper and magazine industries; McGraw Hill's specialized information business; Standard & Poor's stock service for financial...