JOSEPH SMITH AND THE DEVELOPMENT OF HABEAS CORPUS IN NAUVOO, 1841-44
- The Gift of Mercy. Aird, Polly // Journal of Mormon History;Winter2012, Vol. 38 Issue 1, preceding p1
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Transgression in the LDS Community: The Cases of Albert Carrington, Richard R. Lyman, and Joseph F. Smith, Part 1," written by Gary Bergera, published in the Summer 2011 edition of the journal.
- Candor and Completeness. Geisner, Joseph // Journal of Mormon History;Winter2012, Vol. 38 Issue 1, preceding p1
A letter to the editor is presented in response to several articles in the Summer 2011 edition of the journal on topics including early Mormon adoptive theology, the Mormon Battalion, and cases of transgression in the Church of Jesus Christ and Latter-day Saints (LDS) community.
- ORIGINS AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS IN HISTORIC COUNTY DURHAM, 1843-1913. Bartholomew, Ronald L. // International Journal of Mormon Studies;2012, Vol. 5, p29
The article discusses the origins and development of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (LDS) in County Durham, England. It mentions that the Church was instituted in 1843 to 1931. It notes that the acceleration rate of convert baptisms on the final 30 years was the most unique...
- Prophet, Seer, and Tour Guide: The Changing Message of Kirtland Temple Interpreters from 1830-1930. Walden, Barbara // John Whitmer Historical Association Journal;2009, Vol. 29, p1
The article presents the text of the 2008 presidential address delivered to the John Whitmer Historical Association by Barbara Walden. She discusses her time as the site coordinator of Kirtland Temple, a historic Latter Day Saints temple in Kirtland, Ohio, and the issue of how historic...
- Us-Them Tribalism and Early Mormonism. Quinn, Michael // John Whitmer Historical Association Journal;2009, Vol. 29, p94
A speech is presented, given by scholar D. Michael Quinn at the annual meeting of the John Whitmer Historical Association in Burlington, Wisconsin on September 26, 2008. He discusses various sociological and psychological theories related to an "us-versus-them" mentality, or tribalism, or...
- Joseph Smith: The Making of a Prophet (Book). Azzolina, David // Library Journal;4/15/2004, Vol. 129 Issue 7, p92
Reviews the book "Joseph Smith: The Making of a Prophet," by Dan Vogel.
- BY THE HAND OF MORMON (Book). Reiss, Jana; Zaleski, Jeff // Publishers Weekly;4/1/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 13, p77
Reviews the book 'By the Hand of Mormon: The American Scripture That Launched a New Religion,' by Terryl L. Givens.
- IN THIS ISSUE. // Utah Historical Quarterly;Fall2014, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p249
An introduction is presented that discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the impact of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS) on the relationship between the U.S. government and Native Americans in Utah, 19th century Utah child Isaac Whitehouse, and LDS...
- This Is the Place: Brigham Young and the New Zion (Book). Azzolina, David S. // Library Journal;2/15/1991, Vol. 116 Issue 3, p198
Reviews the book "This Is the Place: Brigham Young and the New Zion," by Ernest H. Taves.