JOSEPH SMITH AND THE DEVELOPMENT OF HABEAS CORPUS IN NAUVOO, 1841-44
- The Historical and Geographical Beginnings of the Church of Christ (Temple Lot). Addams, R. Jean; Baugh, Alexander L. // Mormon Historical Studies;Mar2011, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p87
The article discusses the history of the Half Moon Prairie, Eagle Creek, and Bloomington branches of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in central Illinois, with a particular focus on their consolidation into the Crow Creek branch and the Church of Christ (Temple Lot). Details...
- FATHER, JESUS AND LUCIFER IN PRE-MORTAL COUNCIL. Davies, Douglas J. // International Journal of Mormon Studies;Jan2009, Vol. 2, p1
The article focuses on the actions which influenced the world orientation and establishment of Mormonism in the 19th century is presented. It discusses the apostasy on the Council in Heaven's doctrinal narrative-myths including Lucifer and Jesus' opposition, Satan's opposition to obedient...
- THE RISE OF THE NAZI DICTATORSHIP AND ITS RELATIONSHIP WITH THE MORMON CHURCH IN GERMANY, 1933-1939. Carter, Steve // International Journal of Mormon Studies;Jan2009, Vol. 2, p56
The article offers the author's insights on the relationship between the Nazi dictatorship and the Mormon church in Germany. The author says that during the 1930's, the Mormon church was banned in the Third Reich and was affected by Nazi anti-religious policies. He also discusses the two-tiered...
- Ship Brooklyn's Saints. // Journal of Mormon History;Summer2012, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p274
A review of the book "Ship Brooklyn's Saints," volume one of a two-volume work, by Richard H. Bullock, is presented.
- "In defence of God's people if Need bee": Brigham Young Hampton. NICHOLS, JEFF // Utah Historical Quarterly;Fall2010, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p344
A biography is presented for Mormon pioneer and police officer Brigham Young Hampton. He was born in 1836, experienced moves during his childhood as a result of persecutions of the Mormons, finally settling in Salt Lake City, Utah with his mother and siblings in 1855. He was appointed as a city...
- The Rise of Mormonism. Romig, Rene // John Whitmer Historical Association Journal;2008, Vol. 28, p324
The article reviews the book "The Rise of Mormonism," by Rodney Stark.
- The Missouri Mormon Experience. Launius, Roger D. // John Whitmer Historical Association Journal;2010, Vol. 30, p265
A review of the book "The Missouri Mormon Experience," edited by Thomas M. Spencer is presented.
- More on Elijah Ables. Stevenson, Russell W. // Journal of Mormon History;Fall2013, Vol. 39 Issue 4, preceding p2
A letter to the editor is presented that responds to the author's own article "'A Negro Preacher': The Worlds of Elijah Ables" in the Spring 2013 issue of the journal, which addresses the biography of African American Mormon Elijah Ables.
- The Savior in Kirtland. // Journal of Mormon History;Fall2013, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p277
A review of the book "The Savior in Kirtland," by Karl Ricks Anderson, is presented.