N.Y. comptroller seeks investigation into Giuliani officials `veiled threat'
- A New York state of mind. // Advocate;3/5/96, Issue 702, p14
Reports on New York State attorney general Dennis Vacco's reinstatement of an antigay discrimination policy in his agency a year after he eliminated it. Move as part of the settlement of a lawsuit filed by he Public Employers Federation.
- Untitled. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/27/95, Vol. 42 Issue 48, p7
Reports on New York State Attorney General's, Dennis Vacco, speach about the revitalization of the state's economy and jobs.
- Vacco to speak at LIU. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);09/29/97, Vol. 44 Issue 39, p38
Reports on New York State Attorney General Dennis Vacco's topics for the symposium in CW Post campus of Long Island University in Brookville, New York.
- Attorney General advises caution when making charitable... // Hudson Valley Business Journal;12/25/95, Vol. 6 Issue 43, p24
Reports that in Albany, Attorney General Dennis C. Vacco issued a pamphlet entitled `Tips on Charitable Giving: What You Should Know' to help protect New Yorkers from being scammed by phony charities. New Yorkers' charity contributions; Vacco's warning to New Yorkers; Fundraising tactics to...
- Atty. Gen Vacco ferrets out bogus long distance companies. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;8/03/96, Vol. 87 Issue 31, p36
Presents the warning by New York State Attorney General Dennis Vacco against the illegal slamming practices of Texas long distance carrier Heartline. Description of the slamming; Other complaints against the firm.
- Calling for new habits. Feiden, Doug; Mirabella, Alan // Crain's New York Business;12/13/93, Vol. 9 Issue 50, p6
Reports on the initial list of finance committee members for New York state comptroller H. Carl McCall's re-election campaign. Pledge to ban political contributions to state and local officials; Felix G. Rohatyn; Richard Jenrette; James E. Cayne; David C. Clapp.
- LI'$ fact$. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/18/96, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p1
Presents a quotation from New York State comptroller H. Carl McCall about the attitude of Long Island towards prospective investors.
- McCall talks budgets at Crain forum. // Crain's New York Business;3/3/97, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p36
Reports that H. Carl McCall, New York State Comptroller will be discussing the state and city budgets at a Crain's New York Business forum on March 12, 1997. Venue of the event which is co-sponsored by Chase Manhattan Bank and the New York City Partnership and Chamber of Commerce; Contact...
- N.Y. judge upholds H. Carl McCall's election as state comptroller. // Jet;5/31/93, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p11
Reports that a New York state judge has upheld the election of H. Carl McCall to fill the remainder of a term for state comptroller. Elected by Democrats in the New York State Legislature; First black to hold a statewide elective office; Election appealed by Republicans; More.