Quiksilver Makes Debt Exchange Deal
- Argentina: Merval Hits Another New High. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/4/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 36, p8
Presents updates on finance-related issues in Argentina as of January 4, 2005. Performance of the Merval stock price index; Reason for the possible postponement of a debt exchange deal with the U.S. on January 17, 2005; Performance of the stock market since December 2004.
- FIRM AGE, COLLATERAL VALUE, AND ACCESS TO DEBT FINANCING IN AN EMERGING ECONOMY: EVIDENCE FROM SOUTH AFRICA. Ezeoha, Abel; Botha, Ferdi // South African Journal of Economic & Management Sciences;2012, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p55
This paper applies the Blundell and Bond system generalised method of moments (GMM) two-step estimator to examine the impact of age and collateral value on debt financing, using a panel of 177 non-financial companies listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange over the period 1999 to 2009. The...
- INVESTMENT VIEW: Watch for fall in September. // Marketing Week (Online Edition);7/21/2011, p30
The article offers information on the European debt crisis and retreating of shares. It further informs that the debt rating agencies are concerned about their shortcomings over collateralized debt obligation. It mentions that the European Central Bank can be lender of last resort to those...
- E-Trade and Its Bank Upgraded by S&P. // American Banker;8/27/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 163, p16
The article reports on E-Trade Financial Corp. The Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has upgraded the stock of E-Trade Financial and its banking operations as of August 2009. E-Trade was downgraded to a distressed exchange due to concern over its loan book and an exchange of $1.74 billion in debt.
- Jamaica: Debt Exchange A Necessary Evil. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/18/2010, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p12
The article discusses the launch of Jamaica's debt-exchange to reduce interest rates and extend maturities of outstanding bonds.
- Sell, and sell again. // Credit Management;Oct2006, p14
The article reports on the concern of Lewis Group Managing Director David Berry about the issue of selling debt on to a second purchaser to help purchasers compete when prices remain high. He claimed that such act may lead a number of entrants to the industry to buy market share, not believing...
- Will BK Bring Global Split for Quiksilver? DIMARTINO, MEDIHA // Orange County Business Journal;9/14/2015, Vol. 38 Issue 37, p1
The article reports on the possible split of ownership of apparel maker Quicksilver Inc. amidst the company's bankruptcy filing in September 2015. Topics discussed include the operations of Quicksilver in Huntington Beach, California and in Saint-Jean-de-Luz in France, implication of bankruptcy...
- Debt Swap Nears For Venezuela. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/18/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 30, p9
Focuses on the plans of the Venezuelan government for a debt restructuring in 2002. Terms of the proposals for a domestic debt swap; Opposition to the debt swap proposals.
- Waiting For Salvation In Uruguay. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/12/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p12
Deals with the expectations of Uruguay to pursue its debt exchange offer for the emerging market. Terms of Uruguay's International Monetary Fund loan agreement; External factor that will pay a major role in Uruguay's debt sustainability battle.