Fremont General Exits Bankruptcy
- Former Fremont Closing Down Anaheim Hills HQ. Casacchia, Chris // Orange County Business Journal;8/2/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 31, p3
The article reports on the plan of Sherman Oaks, California-based Signature Group Holdings to revive the onetime subprime operations of lender Fremont General Corp. and sell or lease its previous headquarters in Anaheim Hills, California. It provides an overview of the company's business...
- Fremont General Executes Reinsurance Agreement Covering Adverse Loss Development. // Insurance Advocate;10/14/2000, Vol. 111 Issue 41, p40
Highlights the announcement of Fremont General Corporation on the execution of an adverse development reinsurance agreement on September 29, 2000. Coverage of the agreement; How the coverage will mitigate the impact of Fremont's losses.
- Correction. // American Banker;3/18/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 53, p20
A correction to the article "Talks Off, Kelly Trims Stake in Fremont" that was published in the March 14, 2008 issue is presented.
- New Mexico. // Director (NFDA Services, Inc.);Sep2012, p83
The article reports that the Signature Group has purchased Daniels Family Funeral Services based in New Mexico, from Kevin R. Daniels.
- DEBT ISSUES. Biddle, RiShawn // Orange County Business Journal;4/28/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p7
Reports on the business recovery of Fremont General Corp. in California. Contribution of the corporate reorganization to the recovery; Gains in the stock trade; Net income.
- Fremont General Reverses Course By Posting Positive Net Income In Third Quarter. // Insurance Advocate;12/18/2000, Vol. 111 Issue 46, p40
Reports on the net income posted by Fremont General Corp. for the third quarter of 2000. Financial background of the firm.
- Fremont Takes $75M Charge. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;09/13/99, Vol. 103 Issue 37, p18
Reports the 1999 third quarter corporate profits of Fremont General Corp. Revenue posted by the company; Performance of the company.
- Foremost General's Bottom Line For First Quarter In The Black. Mangan, Joseph F. // Insurance Advocate;05/19/2001, Vol. 112 Issue 20, p12
Reports on the income of Fremont General Corporation for the first quarter of 2001. Recorded pre-tax income of the company's property and casualty insurance operation; Actions taken by the company to improve its workers' compensation insurance operation.
- SUBPRIME PAYOFF. Darmiento, Laurence // Orange County Business Journal;12/16/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 50, p11
Focuses on the venture of Fremont General Corp. into subprime lending in Santa Monica, California. Gain posted by the company in net income; Premium paid by borrowers with dicey credit for loans; Benefit of the rising home values for the business.