Judge upholds DC's second-try gun laws
- D.C. Gun Ban Blown Away. Nugent, Ted // Human Events;6/30/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 23, p1
The author argues in favor of the U.S. Supreme Court to strike down the gun ban in Washington, D.C. He claims that the decision guarantees the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. He states that the ruling confirms the right of good people the ability to defend themselves against...
- The fallacy of keeping a gun for protection. // Medical Update;Jan94, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p5
Details results of a study published in a 1993 issue of `The New England Journal of Medicine' which showed that the risk of homicide increased in homes where a gun is kept. Absence of proof that gun ownership in the home provides protection.
- Canada's $1 Billion Gun Registration Train Wreck. // Outdoor Life;Apr2003, Vol. 210 Issue 3, p23
Criticizes the costs incurred by the gun registration program of Canada.
- Doctors may have to countersign gun applications. Warden, John // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);8/17/96, Vol. 313 Issue 7054, p379
Reports on the proposal to appoint physicians as countersignatories in applications for firearms ownership in Great Britain. Incident about a mentally imbalanced person who shot 16 children and a teacher in a primary school; Need to prevent similar violent incidences; Proper psychological...
- Most homes armed. Edmondson, Brad // American Demographics;Oct94, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p19
Reports on a survey of the percentage of Americans who have access to firearms. Comparison of the percentage of people who have a gun at home in 1993 with data in 1959; Reason for increase in gun ownership; Increase in proportion of Americans who have installed special locks from 1981 to 1993.
- Gun ownership holding steady. Taylor, Humphrey // Indianapolis Business Journal;09/02/96, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p9B
Opinion. Comments on gun ownership. Statistics; Percentage changes; Demographics.
- Guns do kill people. Mathis, Deborah // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/5/95, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p7B
Opinion. Denounces the growing public support to legalize the ownership of guns in the United States. Illustration of damages caused by guns during the 14th National Peace Officers Memorial Day; Anguish and sorrow felt by Memorial Day participants; Justifications of a gun ownership supporter.
- Guns-r-us culture in Cambodia slowly yields to rule of law. Cohen, Yvan // Christian Science Monitor;3/6/97, Vol. 89 Issue 69, p6
Reports that in Cambodia arming oneself with a gun is such an integral part of life that it has filtered into the tourist trade. Cost to a tourist wanting to fire authentic weapons; Examples of weapons that can be used by tourists; Evidence of Cambodia's gun-toting culture; Comments from a...
- City Council Approves Revision To City's Handgun Ordinance. // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;8/1/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 19, p3
The article focuses the approval of Mayor Rahm Emanuel's revision to the City's Responsible Gun Ownership Ordinance by the Chicago City Council of Chicago, Illinois.