GEORGE BERKELEY'S THEORY OF ECONOMIC POLICY AND CLASSICAL ECONOMIC LIBERALISM
- EDITOR'S NOTE. LĂPĂADATU, LIANA; MÂRZA, DANIELA // Transylvanian Review;2012 Supplement 4, Vol. 21, p5
No abstract available.
- George Berkeley (1685-1753). // Library of the World's Best Literature, Ancient & Modern -- Volu;3/1/2006, p240
Berkeley was born in Ireland, probably at Dysart Castle in the Valley of the Nore, near Kilkenny, March 12, 1685. The family having but lately come into Ireland, Berkeley always accounted himself an Englishman. At Kilkenny School he met the poet Prior, who became his intimate friend, his...
- The anti-abstractionism of Dignaga and Berkeley. Chinn, Ewing y. // Philosophy East & West;Jan94, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p55
No abstract available.
- Literature Survey: Recent publications in the history and philosophy of mathematics from the Renaissance to Berkeley. Mancosu, Paolo // Metascience;Mar1999, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p102
Presents several publications in the history and philosophy of mathematics from the Renaissance to George Berkeley. Theory of indivisibles; Analytic geometry and algebra; Foundations of calculus and the philosophy of mathematics by Berkeley.
- Bishop Berkeley in Paradise. LAFARGE, JOHN // America;10/19/1935, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p30
The article features Bishop George Berkeley and his works and views . It is stated that Berkeley wrote a book entitled "Siris" which explained how tar water can cure practically everything. Berkeley saw Paradise Rocks after he had come to Newport in order to incubate a missionary school in...
- The New Berkeley. Hight, Marck; Ott, Walter // Canadian Journal of Philosophy;Mar2004, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p1
Discusses the conception of substance. Category of substance; Rejection of philosopher George Berkeley in the traditional conception of substance; Features of substances.
- Berkeley's Epistemic Ontology: The Principles. Flage, Daniel E. // Canadian Journal of Philosophy;Mar2004, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p25
Examines philosopher George Berkeley's principal argument for idealism. Interpretation of a philosophical work; Analysis of the book "The Principles"; Arguments for idealism.
- BOOKS RECEIVED. // Journal of the History of Ideas;Apr2013, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p331
A bibliography is presented which includes the books "The Cambridge History of Philosophy, 1870â€“1945," edited by Thomas Baldwin, "The Correspondence of George Berkeley," by George Berkeley and edited by Marc A. Hight and "Watching Vesuvius: A History of Science and Culture in Early Modern...
- The artist as universal mind: Berkeley's influence on Charles Johnson. Storhoff, Gary // African American Review;Winter96, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p539
Focuses on the influence of Bishop George Berkeley's philosophy on the thematics of writer Charles Johnson. Effect of Berkeley's act of perception on Johnson's artistic imagination; Introduction of Berkeleyan correlative in caricature.