- Round every corner. Hollyer, Tony // Cabinet Maker;12/04/98, Issue 5117, p18
Reports on the growing importance of edgebanding in furniture making industry. Impact of the increasing range of shaped and profiled edges; Features of edgebanding machines; Fletcher double sided profile edger; Activa range of edgebending and combination machines. INSET: Achieving the perfect...
- Machine forest. Hollyer, Tony // Cabinet Maker;05/07/99, Issue 5137, p18
Previews some of the furniture manufacturing machinery to be displayed at the 1999 Ligna exhibition. Includes the Elite BKZ-TKZ sanding/sawing line from Boere; Profile machinery for furniture and parquet flooring from GMC; Leuco Oertli's cutting materials and designs for profile cutters and...
- Blade runners. Hollyer, Tony // Cabinet Maker;11/27/98, Issue 5116, p26
Describes some of the advances in furniture cutting tools. Tool features; Capabilities; Blade characteristics.
- Sharp shooting. // Cabinet Maker;11/27/98, Issue 5116, p27
Offers tips for solving furniture cutting tool problems. Ensuring that all parts of the system are balanced accurately; Supporting of all materials being machined; Sharpening tips.
- Producers keeping prices steady despite costs. // Furniture/Today;4/21/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 33, p6
The article reports on the efforts of case goods manufacturers in facing the challenges of price pressures in the U.S. in 2012. It also mentions the impact of the increase of oil prices to the costs of furniture materials. The initiative of case goods and upholstery resource Homelegance Inc. in...
- Sizing and life guidelines for drawer slides. // Machine Design;08/21/97, Vol. 69 Issue 16, p118
Focuses on sizing and life guidelines for drawer slides. Estimated amount of inches a standard drawer slides; Difficulty in determining drawer-slide life; Equation which provides one guideline for estimating the number of cycles the slide will tolerate.
- Foils today. Aitkenhead, Colin // Cabinet Maker;02/06/98, Issue 5074, p23
Focuses on the trends affecting the design of foils used in furniture in Great Britain. Trends affecting paper foils; Trends affecting laminates; Features of polyvinylchloride (PVC) foils. INSET: Smooth as silk..
- User friendly foam cutter. // Cabinet Maker;05/22/98, Issue 5089, p26
Features Peter Cook's Foam Cutter 3 with a redesigned blade guide connecting base and mounting plate. Price.
- Manufacturing news. // Cabinet Maker;05/22/98, Issue 5089, p27
Features Martin's Classic's iron hooks in armour bright and black finishes.