Argos to return ...431m to fend off GUS bid
- Odds shorten on GUS taking control at Argos. // Cabinet Maker;03/06/98, Issue 5078, p5
Details the offer made by GUS to acquire Argos. Effect of the offer on Argos' stock performance; Decline in the stock price of other furniture companies.
- GUS closer to Argos acquisition. // Cabinet Maker;03/13/98, Issue 5079, p7
Reports on catalog company GUS' near acquisition of chain store Argos in light of Argos director Peter Birch's purchase of shares in the firm. Speculations on the company's search for another potential bidder aside from GUS.
- Specialist catalogues. // Cabinet Maker;08/21/98, Issue 5102, p6
Reports on Britain-based Argos' launching of Argos Interiors, a separate home and soft furnishings catalogue which will feature products from GUS's mail order offering.
- Argos' sales boost is good news for GUS. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;6/13/2003, Issue 5342, p6
Reports on the increase in the profits of the furniture store GUS in Great Britain. Benefits of the sales boost of Argos for the store; Plan of GUS to sell the shopping business to the Barclay brothers; Increase in the shares of Laura Ashley.
- Sealed Bids Invited. the TFMG Bond Research Group // Bond Buyer;10/24/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31250, p13
Presents information about tender offers presented in several U.S. states as of October 24, 2001.
- Sealed Bids Invited. // Bond Buyer;10/29/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31253, p16
Invites sealed bids for bonds by the U.S. government. Minimum bidding price; Types of bonds offered in the bids; Financial advisor for the bonds.
- Reoffering Yields. // Bond Buyer;11/8/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31261, p38
Presents re-offering yields for sealed bid in the United States as of November 08, 2001. Re-offering price for bids; Bidding price of securities.
- Sealed Bids Invited. // Bond Buyer;11/13/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31264, p18
Presents information about tender offers presented in several U.S. states as of November 13, 2001. Financial advisers to the deal; Legal counselor on the deal; Date of delivery for securities; Options available to bidders of tender offers; Paying agent on the deal.
- Sealed Bids Invited. the TFMG Bond Research Group // Bond Buyer;11/20/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31269, p13
Presents information regarding the sealed bids invited by districts and counties in the U.S. Value of the general obligation bonds offered by Middletown, Connecticut; Financial adviser for the bond issues of Montgomery County, Maryland.