Switching on to furniture
- Local company featured on PBS. Schoettle, Anthony; Olson, Scott // Indianapolis Business Journal;03/06/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 52, p4
Profiles Hampton House, a New York-based furniture company featured in the television (TV) program `New Yankee Workshop' of Public Broadcasting Station in Indianapolis, Indiana. Impact of the TV exposure on the credibility of the company's product, Katie Jig; Conception of the product by Terry...
- This Yankee links up with N.C. Lee's chair. // Furniture/Today;11/4/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p6
Announces the television segment 'The New Yankee Workshop' on PBS-TV.
- Cable TV show features H.P.'s Atrium Mall. // Furniture/Today;10/14/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p110
Features the Atrium Furniture Mall in the 'Southern Living Presents,' cable television show on Turner South network in High Point, North Carolina. Filming of the show; Interview with the local interior designer Carol Jollay; Inclusion of shoppers.
- Wray hosts QVC decorating show. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;9/29/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p68
Reports on the hosting of television show 'Charming Home Finds' by marketing professional Kimberley Wray in Pennsylvania. Presentation of cottage style and home accents; Discussion of decorating ideas; Probability of television sales opportunities for the furniture industry.
- 'Idol' tips could lead to winning retail strategy. Epp, Loreen // Furniture/Today;5/16/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p23
Discusses the marketing strategies that can be learned by furniture retailers from the television reality program, "American Idol". Concept of the program; Importance of individuality in business as shown by the reality program; Advice provided by the show's judges to the contestants that can...
- Showtime opens on high note. Andrews, Susan M. // Furniture/Today;01/15/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p2
Reports the opening of the winter edition of Showtime television program in the United States. Participation of fabric vendors; Effect of lowering interest rates by the federal government; Offer of enormous range of products.
- TV show's discount shopping tips rile industry. // Furniture/Today;3/11/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p1
Reports the response of the manufacturers and retailers of the furniture industry on the television program 'Today' in North Carolina. Lack of segment accuracy; Ideas of the consumer press on pricing; Percentage of discounts from local retailer.
- Positive reaction for HJ Berry. // Cabinet Maker;7/17/2009, Issue 5646, p7
The article reports on the positive feedbacks for chair manufacturer HJ Berry following its guesting on the television (TV) show, "Gerry's Big Decision," in Great Britain. The TV program, hosted by businessman Sir Gerry Robinson, centered on saving troubled companies across the country. On air,...
- Dreams sponsors Celebrity Big Brother 6. // Cabinet Maker;1/9/2009, Issue 5619, p10
The article reports on the sponsorship of bed specialist Dreams PLC of Celebrity Big Brother 6 which was launched on January 6, 2009 in Great Britain. Dreams will sponsor all the main shows on Channel 4 and E4 live streaming and the main Big Brother site on Channel4.com. The move is believed to...