Brands lift prices, profits
- Self-serve soda... // Current Health 2;Nov92, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p27
Reports on a newly developed vending machine that can dispense 18 flavors of soda into customers' own empty one- and two-liter plastic soda bottles. Currently being tested in some supermarkets; Self-cleaning; Rinsing of empty bottles; Direct recycling of used bottles.
- ...And really fresh fries. // Current Health 2;Nov92, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p27
Describes a new vending machine that uses dehydrated potato dough and hot canola oil to cook fresh french fries right in the machine. A dollar cost of about 33 hot fries dispensed within one minute; Current tests on military bases worldwide.
- Pass the fries. // Current Health 1;Nov92, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p2
Discusses a new vending machine that makes fresh french fries in about one minute. Potato dough and hot oil; Cost of about 33 fries; Use on military bases.
- Around the vend. Frisancho, Jorge // Beverage World;Feb96, Vol. 115 Issue 1608, p54
Looks at the trickier side that drink vending machines have to them. Description of this trickier side; Information on the vending business; Problems of vending business; Comments from offiicials; Examination of the history of vending business; Comments from Tim Sanford, executive editor of...
- Good news comes in threes. Sfiligoj, Eric // Beverage World;Feb96, Vol. 115 Issue 1608, p58
Examines beverage vending for 1995. What 1995 brought for vending; Background information on cans in vending industry; Information on launching of the PET bottles; Statistics on PET bottles; Summation of 1995's beverage vending market from Dough Huffer, vice president of marketing at...
- For the love of soda. Prince, Greg W. // Beverage World;09/15/97, Vol. 116 Issue 1645, p122
Focuses on antique beverage vending machines. Design of the machine; Cost of the devices; Views of collectors.
- Chips n' dipstick. Ruderman, Pamela // Boating;Jan1997, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p50
Reports on Mercury Marine Co.'s introduction of marine-supply vending machines at boat facilities.
- Soda surprise. Glass, Dominique // U.S. Kids;Sep96, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p14
Narrates the author's humorous experience with soda machines. Machine malfunction.
- Now you can fly high on pocket change. // Newsweek;10/7/1991, Vol. 118 Issue 15, p48
Notes that a Danish company has figured out a way to relieve weary travelers of their jingling burden of foreign coins and their thirst. Faxe Jyske Breweries' coin-operated beer machine that accepts Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, German and English coins; Amounts of beer dispensed according to the...
- A look at today's `smart' machines: Inside vending. Blake, Kathy // FoodService Director;1/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p148
Focuses on new vending machines. Offering customers a wide range of selections; Merchandise of products; Frozen food vendor that uses a robotic arm; Need for more flexibility in machines. INSET: What's new inside: Today's smarter machines..