Outfitting the bakery
- Perfect pies. E.V.D. // Country Living;Mar1995, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p156
Features Pie Partners, a perforated aluminum pie plate nested in a standard metal pie plate, from King Arthur Flour Baker's Catalogue.
- Bagel production on the rise. // Machine Design;1/11/96, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p131
Reports on the Sara Lee's bagel baking factory and the increased production of bagels with technological improvements. Potential of positioning error of bagels; Incident where dry-friction clutch/brakes wore out due to strain; Use of oil-shear clutch/brakes; Life-span of the equipment.
- All mixed up. Durocher, Joseph // Restaurant Business;5/20/94, Vol. 93 Issue 8, p130
Offers advice on what equipments and supplies to choose and buy for scratch baking program. Use of preprocessed products to decease the amount and skill level of labor and minimize equipment investments; Points to consider in buying mixer. INSET: First place for information..
- Parlor Tricks. Durocher, Joseph // Restaurant Business;06/01/99, Vol. 98 Issue 11, p111
Focuses on the importance of equipment configuration in the outfitting of pizza restaurant operations in the United States. Importance of mixers in the preparation of pizza dough; Selection of a proofing cabinet; Importance of selecting pizza pans.
- ingredient showcase. // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Nov2002, Vol. 91 Issue 11, p49
Features baking ingredients offered by various manufacturers.
- Temperature's rising for bread mixes. Friedman, Martin // Prepared Foods;Mid-Apr95, Vol. 164 Issue 5, p52
Discusses trends in new baking ingredients introductions in 1994. Decline in homebaking; Mixes for home baked breads from Pillsbury, General Mills and Procter & Gamble; Frosting mixes; Ethnic, regional or niche baking mixes; Refrigerated and frozen dough products; Products for scratch baking;...
- BATTER MATTERS. Strenk, Tom // Restaurant Business;11/15/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 22, p71
Focuses on the requirement of equipment and supplies in implementing a baking program. Reason for the use of rotary ovens in baking; Variety of portioning equipment; Necessity of storage bins in keeping the bakery tidy.
- In the country. Herrera, Philip // Town & Country;Feb98, Vol. 152 Issue 5213, p38
Features La Forme's heart-shaped tins used for baking cakes.
- Neoclassical Crusaders. // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Aug2009, Vol. 98 Issue 8, p68
The article focuses on the integration of new equipment technology in the baking industry for efficient production operations in the U.S.
- It's all good. K.M. // Gourmet;Feb2003, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p123
Discusses the use of unsweetened cocoa powder in baking. Acidity of natural cocoa in the European-style Dutch-process; Types of European-style Dutch process cocoa.