Food idea showcase
- Is the world facing a food crisis? Nightingale, Ray W. // National Food Review;Apr-Jun90, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p1
Speculates on whether the world is facing a food crisis. Factors which led to speculation; Detailed information on the world's food issue; Reference to growth of cereal; Statistical information pertaining to food.
- Government broadens array of `healthy' foods. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;May98, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p2
Focuses on the US Food and Drug Administration's recognition of canned and frozen fruits and vegetables as `healthy' foods. Requirements for fat, cholesterol and sodium content.
- Beware the Micro-Dome Preserver! Damsker, Matt // Organic Gardening (08973792);Sep/Oct92, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p19
Gives a warning from the US Consumer Product Safety Commission to readers about the Micro-Dome Preserver. It's design and recall; Unsafe product; Injuries reported; Numbers sold; What to do with anything canned; Hotline telephone number for rebates; Details.
- It's time to put up & pickle! Poncavage, Joanna; Mandel, Mitch // Organic Gardening (08973792);Sep/Oct92, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p42
Shows how to turn your overabundant vegetables and herbs into treats-in-a-jar that extend your eating season. Pickling by increasing acidity; Boiling water bath; What you will need; Don't only pickle pickles; How to choose; Recipes included; More. INSET: 18 tips for put-up pickle success..
- The cool way to preserve your harvest. Meyer, Scott // Organic Gardening (08973792);Sep/Oct92, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p46
Shows how the freeze your favorite fruits and veggies now and give your taste buds a winter wake-up call. Which fruits or veggies to choose; Less water contents is best; Details for peas and corn; Frigidaire frenzy; More. INSET: Corn on the rocks, by S.M.;Perfect pea preservation, by Jill....
- There must be 50 ways to dry your harvest. Ferrara, Mike // Organic Gardening (08973792);Sep/Oct92, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p49
Offers the suggestion that whether you use the sun, your own oven or dehydrator, drying is a great way to `put up' almost anything you can grow. Step by step instructions; What you will need; How to tell if the drying is done; How to store the finished product; The electric option; Prices and...
- Drying on the wild side! Cox, Jeff // Organic Gardening (08973792);Sep/Oct92, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p51
Gives instructions on how to make the fruit leather. Tips on drying; What you will need; How to make leather out of wild mushrooms, cranberries, raisins, watermelon chunks, and other fruits; Details.
- About the Place. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;1/5/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 11, p3
The article presents information on Sweden including the country's favor foods.
- Heterocyclic amines: occurrence and prevention in cooked food Fradin, Jacques; Robbana-Barnat, Saida; Rabache, Maurice; Railland, Emmanuelle // Environmental Health Perspectives;Mar1996, Vol. 104 Issue 3, p280
No abstract available.
- Fuel for flying. Smutko, L. // Bicycling;Jul90, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p75
Presents a buyer's guide to several energy drinks and foods on the market. Each one has been specially formulated to make it easy to keep a cyclist's carbohydrate level high.