Tempting the young to eat at the table
- Still a must-floor category for retailers. // Furniture/Today;8/25/2003 Supplement, Vol. 27, p33
Reports on the state of the industrial category of formal dining room furniture in the U.S. Level of household purchases of formal dining sets; Consumer interest with the upholstery; Imaginative approach to piece selection.
- Style leads casual dining. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;7/28/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p16
Reports on trends in casual dining sales as observed during a market in San Francisco, California. Sales at various manufacturers including Ashley and Palliser; Increase in sales for casual dining; Pricing trends; Popular designs.
- Sitting pretty. // Southern Living;Oct95, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p168
Provides tips for making chairs for the dining area. Chair and table dimensions; Space for knees underneath the table; Choice of materials and finishes that can withstand wear.
- Don't stand on ceremony. Pulling, Jenny // Cabinet Maker;11/17/2000, Issue 5214, p20
Describes dining room furniture pieces that attempt to combine classic and contemporary styles. Maple-finished dining set from Parker Knoll; Sri Kandi dining set from Westward Europe's Kiani brand; Tempo range from Morris Furniture; Ducal's Winchester Forge dining table and Penang rattan chairs.
- A moveable feast. // Cabinet Maker;5/23/2003, Issue 5339, p18
Describes dining room furniture trends in Great Britain, current as of May 2003. Use of French cherry wood; Combination of leather and limed oak;; Dining set made out of reconstituted stone.
- New products: Metal dining. // Cabinet Maker;04/24/98, Issue 5085, p10
Presents several metal dining sets. Encompass Furniture & Accessories' Swashbuckle seat; McDonagh's Bronte collection; Alfrank Designs' Aquarius dining set.
- New products: Casual dining. // Cabinet Maker;06/19/98, Issue 5093, p10
Presents several dining room furniture. Durham by Charmwood; Charmwood's Lincoln kitchen/dining set; Ducal's circular table; Ardennes range of casual dining.
- Knock On Wood. Johnson, Bruce // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Nov99, Vol. 104 Issue 9, p10
Provides instructions on how to treat a dented dining room table and to detect an authentic antique.
- Craft a Jelly Cupboard. // Southern Living;Apr2000, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p162
Deals with the construction of a Jelly Cupboard patterned after one in Georgia that was originally used to store home-canned jellies and preserves. Measurements and uses of the cupboard; Materials and procedures.