Stew-type topping works
- from the editor. Creel, Mary // Cooking Light;Nov2011 Special Issue, p3
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses how to streamline cooking, offering suggestions including using one-dish recipes, preparing ingredients the night before cooking, and making casseroles and stews.
- Winter warmers. Plummer, Jennene // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);7/24/2006, Vol. 58 Issue 30, p61
The article presents several recipes including Vegetable Stew with Caraway Dumplings, Chicken Fricassee with Apples and Ciders, and Spanish Chicken and Capsicum Casserole.
- soul food. // Good Health & Medicine;Jul2008, p130
The article presents several recipes of winter dishes, including Black Bean, Corn and Chipotle Stew, Beef and Onion Casserole, and Mexican Chicken Stew.
- casserole essentials. Gibbs, Suzanne // Australian Table;Jul2007, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p92
The article presents casserole cookery and stewing tips. Many casserole and stew recipes call for the meat to be dusted with flour to create tasty crust and thicken the liquid during cooking. The flour can be seasoned with salt and pepper plus a little dry mustard or chopped herbs. Inexpensive...
- FAT BUSTER. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);4/4/2005, Vol. 57 Issue 14, p72
Presents a tabular representation of the nutrition content of spicy fish stew with pasta and beef casserole with mash. Protein content; Carbohydrate content; Fiber content.
- Kitchen notes. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);6/24/2013, Vol. 64 Issue 26, p64
The article offers information on the high-fiber pasta range from Vetta, presents a recipe for healthy sausage rolls, and offers tips on how to add flavour and colour to the dish when making casseroles, stews, and curries.
- food. Skidelsky, William // New Statesman;11/14/2005, Vol. 134 Issue 4766, p56
This article focuses on recipes for stew. The author discusses the difference between casseroles and stews. In the classic book "Simple French Food" Richard Olney distinguishes between ragouts, daubes and sautÃ©s that all are part of the stew family. The author also discusses the belief that...
- Crowd-pleasing casseroles. // Southern Living;Nov94, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p196
Presents casserole recipes. Texas tortilla bake; Chicken-noodle casserole; Sausage-and-egg casserole.
- Casseroles for any occasion. Barnes, Claudia; Jones, Judith // Southern Living;Oct95, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p212
Presents recipes for making casseroles. Sausage-and-Noodle Casserole; Simply Good Chicken Casserole.