Soups, stews comeback
- Soups & stews. Lamalle, Cecile // Restaurant Hospitality;Mar95, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p80
Focuses on soups and stews. Restaurants serving soups and stews; Southwestern cuisine; Vegetable stews and soups; Ingredients.
- Healthy cooking. Shulman, Martha Rose // Health (Time Inc. Health);Jan/Feb99, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p117
Presents soup and stew recipes for winter. Thick Carrot Soup With Fresh Mint; Turkey Chili; Hearty Vegetable Soup.
- Delicious double-up dinners. Worthington, Diane Rossen // Working Mother;Oct95, p118
Features dinner recipes on soups and stews. Big-Batch Lentil Soup; BBQ Baked Beef Ribs; Braised Chicken and Sausage with Tomatoes; Autumn Chicken `n' Dumplings; Dill Cornmeal Dumplings; Veal Stew with Oranges, Carrots and Mushrooms; Beef Ragout with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Winter Squash.
- Soups of substance. Wells, Grace // Health (Time Inc. Health);Oct94, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p106
Presents soup and stew recipes. Vegetable bisque; Lamb-and-lentil soup; Oven chicken stew; Shrimp-and-fish chowder; Pork-and-sweet-potato stew. INSET: Jimmy Schmidt..
- Bowl-O-Rama. // Bon Appetit;Feb2014, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p22
An image of the Bowl-O-Rama, which is a soupy and steaming-hot stew that deserves a cool dishware, is presented.
- Chasing the chill away. // Better Homes & Gardens;Mar1998, Vol. 76 Issue 3, pB26
Presents recipes for the creation of soups and stews. Details on ingredients required for the preparation of Squash-Potato Chowder and Chili Blanc; Description of cooking methodology.
- Cooking. // 4X4 Australia;Dec2013, Issue 359, p182
A recipe for tasty stockmen stew is presented.
- Less-Stress Suppers. Rothman, Ilyse // Working Mother;Oct2000, p212
Presents recipes for crockpot cooking and stovetop soups. White Chicken Chili; Autumn Chicken Stew; Steak Braciola with Italian Sausage; Fall Fruit Pot Roast; Cauliflower and Broccoli Bisque; Great Pumpkin Soup; Big Batch Chicken Noodle Soup; Sunday Beef Stew. INSET: Make-ahead strategies..
- HOT STUFF: SOUPS AND STEWS. Bellamy, Gail // Restaurant Hospitality;Dec2003, Vol. 87 Issue 12, p68
Presents several soup and stew recipes to heat up menus during the cool-weather season such as the Southwestern Tomato Cream Soup, Autumn Lamb Stew and California Avocado-Spiked Corn Soup as of December 2003.