Lower diesel emissions mandatory in 2011 -- Cummins is ready
- No smoke, but plenty of power. // Wisconsin Agriculturist;Feb2011, Vol. 242 Issue 2, p39
The article discusses the application of electronic control of fuel delivery and air management in reducing diesel engine emissions without lessening the engine's horsepower and torque.
- A quick glossary. // Wisconsin Agriculturist;Feb2011, Vol. 242 Issue 2, p38
The article mentions several technical terms to be considered in looking Tier 4A engines in 2011 including diesel exhaust fluid, exhaust gas recirculation, and particular filter.
- Engines by design. Evett, Bill // European Power News;Sep2003, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p7
Focuses on the design and production of diesel engines among the manufacturers in Europe. Compliance to emission regulation; Improvement of the fuel oil consumption; Reduction of the manufacturing costs.
- Looking at the operator for future regulations. // Nebraska Farmer;Mar2011, p93
The article presents the perspectives of industry group Diesel Technology Forum on future regulations for reducing emissions on diesel engines in the U.S.
- EPA needs to decide. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner;Apr2003, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p6
Comments on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's emissions reduction regulations on diesel engines in 2007. Technical challanges posed by the agency's requirements to the next round of emissions reduction; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on trucking companies.
- Looking at the operator for future regulations. // Carolina Virginia Farmer;Mar2011, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p19
The article reports on the statement made by the Diesel Technology Forum which relates that the responsibility for reducing diesel emissions is moving towards owners and operators in the U.S.
- Next step. // International Construction;Nov2003, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p44
Presents information on next phase of non-road diesel engine exhaust emissions laws in the Europe, the US and Japan as of November 1, 2003. Overview of stages in which emission laws will be implemented in Europe; Proposals released by the U.S. Environment Protection Agency in the U.S. to further...
- ENGINE PERFORMANCE AND EMISSION OF EMULSIFIED BIODIESEL. Aziz, Amir; Yusof, Ahmad Fitri; Mamat, Rizalman; Azeem W. G., W. N. // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 607-609, p588
An emulsion of biodiesel and water is one of the possible approaches that have been used to overcome diesel engine pollution. In this work, the performance and emission characteristics of a 4-cylinder diesel engine using pure diesel, biodiesel B20 and emulsified biodiesel were investigated....
- Effect of Operating and Sampling Conditions on the Exhaust Gas Composition of Small-Scale Power Generators. Smits, Marianne; Vanpachtenbeke, Floris; Horemans, Benjamin; De Wael, Karolien; Hauchecorne, Birger; Van Langenhove, Herman; Demeestere, Kristof; Lenaerts, Silvia // PLoS ONE;Mar2012, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p1
Small stationary diesel engines, like in generator sets, have limited emission control measures and are therefore responsible for 44% of the particulate matter (PM) emissions in the United States. The diesel exhaust composition depends on operating conditions of the combustion engine....