Strategic Marine Vietnam launches first 143-metre dive support vessel
- 'ASB Mutiara 5.'. // Ausmarine;Apr2011, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p22
The article evaluates ASB Mutiara 5, an Offshore Service Vessel (OSV) Crew supply boat from Strategic Marine.
- Load bearing problem for SWATH vessels in wellhead work. LeBlanc, Leonard // Offshore;Sep96, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p32
Discusses design features of a single water plane twin hull (SWATH) vessels used for well completion and intervention work for offshore oil structures. Design developed by Statoil; Advantages and disadvantages.
- Selection of offloading configuration for FSO vessel. Chen, Bill C.M. // Offshore;May96, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p64
Focuses on the selection of the offloading configuration of floating storage and offloading (FSO) vessels. Options for cargo offloading configurations; Mooring system associated with an FSO vessel; Length of hose-strings; Comparison of various offloading configurations.
- MMT awarded survey contract in the Mediterranean between Italy and Malta. // Optical Networks/WDM;Dec2011, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p2
The article reports that MMT survey vessel Franklin has been awarded offshore survey contract in the Mediterranean between Italy and Malta.
- Coiled tubing performance underlines advances in intervention vessels. McGennis, Eamonn // Offshore;Feb98, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p46
Reports on the use of specialized light intervention vessels in subsea wells focusing on the Coflexip Stena Offshore's (CSO) Seawell and Wellservicer vessels. Operating principal of light well intervention off the CSO vessels; Depth reached by the CSO Seawell; Use of CSO Wellservicer in subsea...
- Well servicing, installation vessel designed for host of subsea tasks. // Offshore;Aug97, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p192
Focuses on Seamet International/Chantiers de l'Atlantique's development of the Multipurpose Column Stabilized Vessel (MCSV), a new concept for managing all facets of subsea construction and maintenance. Dimensions of the twin-hulled MCSV; Dynamic positioning to allow MCSV to maintain station in...
- Mideast demand growing for well servicing vessels. // Offshore;Mar98, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p48
Focuses on the growing demand for well servicing vessels and equipment in the Middle East due to the increase in petroleum production. Design and construction of new-generation jackup servicing units for Bibby Line; Examples of work in demand in the Middle East; Features of Trident vessels;...
- Propulsion system options for FSO vessel conversions. Chen, Bill C.M. // Offshore;Mar98, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p99
Examines the trade-offs in removing or retaining the propulsion system when converting a floating storage and offloading (FSO) vessel, a part of an offshore petroleum exporting facility. Voyages that require the vessel to be towed or self-propelled; Requirements for the vessel that will retain...
- Surface support for subsea operations experiencing major changes. Albaugh, E. Kurt // Offshore;Mar98, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p121
Presents the results of the annual 1998 support vessel survey which covers the fleet operating in the Gulf of Mexico. Expansion of fleets by American and European contractors to meet the demand for their services; Shortage of experienced divers; Customers' concerns regarding vessel...