Defence personnel commended following SIEV 36 rescue
- A NECESSARY RE-ORGANISATION OF AUSTRALIA'S DEFENCE. // National Observer;Summer2001, Issue 47, p24
Focuses on the re-organization of the Australian Defence Force (ADF). Control of ADF officials; Emphasis on military strategy; Promotion of strategic regional community alliances; Maintenance of a joint tactical force.
- G-WAGEN HAS LANDED! // 4X4 Australia;Apr2010, Issue 315, p14
The article reports on the acquisition of the first shipment of Mercedes-Benz G-Wagen military vehicles by the Australian Defense Force (ADF).
- MILITARY OFF THE SHELF. // Asia-Pacific Defence Reporter;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p16
The article focuses on Australian government's decision to adopt Military Off the Shelf (MOTS) policy, which the author says does not solve all challenges in modernising the Australian Defence Force (ADF)
- Boeing, Thales Select EC135 for Helicopter Aircrew Training System. // Asia-Pacific Defence Reporter;Feb2012, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p10
The article reports that Boeing Defence Australia and Thales Australia selected Eurocopter EC135 for the Helocopter Aircrew Training System (HATS) related to the Australian Defence Force (AFD) Project AIR 9000 Phase 7 in Australia.
- Wideband Global SATCOMM network expands. Bergmann, Kym // Asia-Pacific Defence Reporter;Feb2012, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p22
The article offers information on the purchase of the U.S. Wideband Global Satcom (WGS) satellite program through Joint Project (JP) 2008 by the Australian Defence Force (ADF) in Australia. It mentions that JP 2008 will help in offering global communications coverage to ADF. It mentions that the...
- DEFENCE CHALLENGES AFTER THE 2013 WHITE PAPER. Jennings, Peter // Policy;Winter2013, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p46
The article focuses on the failure of Defence White Paper 2013 of Australia in tackling the challenges that the Australian Defence Force (ADF) is facing. It mentions that the White Paper fails to address the issues between the U.S. and China. It informs that the plan to replace Collins Class...
- Operational use of UAS. // Asia-Pacific Defence Reporter;Sep2011, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p27
The article focuses on the use of the User Agent Server (UAS) aircraft technology for military operations by the Australian Defence Force (ADF), which started with the acquisition of the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) in the late 1990s.
- Australia Defers AEW&C Buy. Thomas, Geoffrey // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/28/2000, Vol. 153 Issue 9, p51
Focuses on the move to defer the purchase of E-737 Airborne Early Warning & Control (AEW&C), a Boeing aircraft by the Australian Defense Force (ADF) in Perth, Australia. Effects of AEW&C deferral on the credibility of ADF; Estimation of the cost for the replacement of basic ADF equipment;...
- C-17 bushfire relief flight. // Asia-Pacific Defence Reporter;Feb2013, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p16
The article reports that Australian Defence Force (ADF) has transported two Royal Australian Air Force C-17A Globemaster aircraft and their specialist personnel for bushfire relief work in Tasmania.