- abstracts. // Prepared Foods;Nov2009, Vol. 178 Issue 11, p63
This section offers news briefs related to the U.S. food industry. Solbar Industries Ltd. has developed a ready-to-use, stabilized, calcium-fortified soy protein isolate for pH-neutral beverages called Solpro 958QS. Milk Specialties Global Food Solutions Group has introduced its new Goat Whey...
- Geisinger steels itself for supply chain progress. Barlow, Rick Dana // Healthcare Purchasing News;Jul2008, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p12
The article announces that the Geisinger Health System received the 2008 Materials Manager Department of the Year award.
- COMPANY SPOTLIGHT: CONAGRA FOODS, INC. // MarketWatch: Food;Sep2010, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p24
The article offers information on ConAgra Foods Inc., which is one of the leading food companies in North America and which recently sold its Gilroy Foods & Flavors to Olam International Ltd. for 250 million dollars. It also reports on its consumer food segment and international foods segment...
- A World of Great Taste. Mannie, Elizabeth // Prepared Foods;Oct2009, Vol. 178 Issue 10, p75
The article offers information on the "Prepared Food" periodical's 2009 R&D Application Seminars on flavoring trends and formulation tactics. Christine Carr, vice president of marketing for Griffith Laboratories, discussed the flavors of Morocco, Spain, Italy, Greece and Lebanon. The techniques...
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/18/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 18, p20
The article offers news briefs related to food service industry in U.S. The foodservice distributor Pallas Foods Limited was acquired by Sysco Corp. The first national philanthropy program "Full Plates, Full Lives, in 2008" was introduced by U.S. Foodservice to support the charitable...
- Diebold, Computrition automate campus ops. // Nation's Restaurant News;06/23/97, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p78
Reports on Diebold Inc.'s marketing agreement with Computrition. Terms of the contract.
- PRODUCT SHOWCASE. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/22/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p50
The article evaluates several food products including the Hellmann's Light and Best Foods Light mayonnaise from Unilever, the sliced peppers and onions into different style is called Kitchen Cuts from Gilroy Foods & Flavors, and the Samuel Adams Noble Pils beer from Boston Beer Co.
- An Apple a Day. // Food Management;Oct2009, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p9
The article reviews the nutrition information application software from Computrition Inc.
- Computrition Integrates POS, Back Office Programs. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;4/19/2012, p5
The article reports Computrition's integration of its Foodservice Operations Management (FOM) and SuitePoint Point-of-Sale (POS) products which will allow the accurate forecasting of recipes, ingredients and stock items.