Hearing Vegetarian Voices
- ESTABLISHING GUIDELINES FOR VEGGIE LUNCHES IN SCHOOLS. Gorn, Heather // Vegetarian Journal;2004, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p35
Focuses on the work of Project Healthy Beginnings, a group of parents in the San Diego, California, area that has worked to incorporate vegetarian and vegan alternatives into the school lunch menu. Group's effort to secure support for the Assembly Concurrent Resolution No. 16, which requests...
- It's in the bag! Atlas, Nava // Vegetarian Times;Sep98, Issue 253, p48
Presents school lunch recipes for vegetarian children. Includes Tofuna Sandwiches, Salad Pitas and Lunch Box Pasta Salad; Key to successful school lunches; Importance of a weekly plan. INSETS: Lunch box tips & tricks.;Main event options.;Snacks & extras..
- 12.4. // Vegetarian Times;Jan2010, Issue 373, p18
The article relates the percentage of increase in vegetarian offerings in school nutrition programs in the U.S. since 2007.
- VRG Catalog. // Vegetarian Journal;2010, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p33
The article presents a list of books offered by the Vegetarian Resource Group (VRC). The books include "Conveniently Vegan," by Debra Wasserman, "Vegan Passover Recipes," by Nancy Berkoff and "Simply Vegan," by Debra Wasserman and Reed Mangels.
- vegan gourmet. Oser, Marie // Vegetarian Times;May2004, Issue 321, p33
Presents several vegan recipes.
- vegan gourmet. Oser, Marie // Vegetarian Times;Sep2004, Issue 324, p35
Presents several gourmet vegan recipes.
- A "Blast Off" to a Healthy Day. // Curriculum Review;Apr2008, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p9
The article reports that the American Dairy Council and the School Nutrition Association have partnered to launch an interactive website, just in time for National School Breakfast Week in March 2008, to offer students a way to explore the importance of eating breakfast. By visiting the Fuel...
- Timing is Everything: The Impact of School Lunch Length on Children's Body Weight. Bhatt, Rachana // Southern Economic Journal;Jan2014, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p656
The large number of overweight children in the United States has prompted school administrators and policy makers to identify practices in schools that contribute to unhealthy weight outcomes for children and develop strategies to prevent further increases. Advocates for school nutrition reform...
- How to Feed Just a Few Vegetarians at Weddings, Parties, Restaurants... Berkoff, Nancy // Vegetarian Journal's Foodservice Update;2003/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 3/4, p1
Provides techniques for the food service operator when only five or six vegetarian meals are requested for a wedding banquet, business luncheon, company picnic or children's party where a non-vegetarian menu is offered. Veggie "steaks" of flavored seitan, tempeh or portobellos; Baked potatoes...