Chasing the "Wow."
- Historic Dairy Bar Reopens. // FoodService Director;10/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p8
The article reports on the re-opening of the Dairy Bar in the University of New Hampshire in August 2008 after a seven-month renovation. With the reopening of the Dairy Bar, the menu is refocusing on sustainable business practices and local foods. Jon Plodzik of Dairy Bar says he wanted to do...
- UNH Dining Rules... Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Mar2005, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p34
Focuses on the success of the all-you-care-to-eat board dining model adopted by the University of New Hampshire (UNH) in Durham. Statement of UNH Hospitality Services executive director David May on the observed physical improvements in students; Basis of the meal plan; Menu offerings.
- Snap Some Photos. // FoodService Director;8/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p30
The article focuses on how David May, assistant vice president for business affairs at the University of New Hampshire, persuaded university officials regarding the need to build a new dining center. May gave advice at the NACUFS national conference in Washington, D.C., about how he made his...
- Seeing is Believing. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;5/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p68
The article describes the design of the dining halls at the University of New Hampshire in Durham, New Hampshire. David May, assistant vice president of business affairs, operates 12 display cooking stations, with cuisines ranging from pizza to stir fries to a Mongolian grill. He states that...
- Elaine Hunt. // Food Management;Feb2000, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p30
Profiles Elaine Hunt, senior director of Child Nutrition at Wake Country School District in Raleigh, North Carolina. Strategy for meeting the challenge of managing major growth while maintaining financial stability; Competent staff; Tight labor market; Proper training; Refine of customer input.
- LETTER OF THE LAW. // FoodService Director;9/15/2015, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p42
The article discusses that Jon Plodzik, the Director of Dining Hall Operations of University of New Hampshire (UNH) partnered with Dartmouth College to endorse Senate Bill 194 that will cover the policies of college and university epinephrine.
- Nominate Someone for a FAME Award. // Food Management;May2006, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p18
The article calls for nominations to the 2007 Foodservice Achievement Management Excellence Awards. Nominees must be school food service professionals or avid supporters of child nutrition who are members of the School Nutrition Association. The deadline for nominations will be on September 8, 2006.
- Beverly Girard MBA, MS, RD, SFHS. Lefebvre, Joanne // Food Management;May2006, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p42
The article profiles Beverly Girard, director of Food and Nutrition Services of Sarasota County Public Schools in Florida. Girard is a recipient of International Foodservice Manufacturers Association's 2006 Silver Plate Award for her commitment to training, as well as the future of child...
- Going "Old School.". // FoodService Director;6/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p6
The article profiles Peter Esposito, school nutrition director of Cape Elizabeth School District in Cape Elizabeth, Maine. According to the author, Esposito started the process of rebuilding the school's food service program as soon as he took over the position in 2009. Esposito says that he was...