Savings with Soap
- DEAN WRIGHT. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;May2000, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p44
Profiles Dean Wright, director of dining services at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah. Interests and talents; Reputation as a detail man; Contributions to the success of the school's Cougareat Food Court; Job challenges.
- Seeking Signatures. // FoodService Director;6/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p20
The article presents a profile of David Keala, director of food services of Brigham Young University in Laie, Hawaii.
- Trendy But Traditional. Buzalka, Michael // Food Management;Apr2009, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p48
The article offers information on several college c-store foodservice trends. According to Dean Wright, director of dining services at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah, any kind of ethnic turns on grab-and-go are in, like sauce in a little Chinese container. Wright avers that anything...
- Mission Accomplished at BYU Dining. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Mar2009, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p22
The article reports on the dining program of Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah. The school's $41 million program serves nearly 30,000 meals each day from a wide range of different service platforms. To get their business, it is also cited that the dining program must meet expectations for...
- Tips for Promotions. // Food Management;Jul2008 Operational Solutions, p38
The article offers several tips for promotions from Dean Wright, the director of dining services at Brigham Young University, to optimize the business sales drive. These strategic suggestions include being organized and aware of the promotion's details, keeping in mind the length of promotions,...
- A Token to Remember. // FoodService Director;11/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p50
The article offers insights from Dean Wright, director of dining services at Brigham Young University, on the importance of developing a theme for his retreats. According to Wright, they conduct management retreats twice a year. He says the retreat theme is intended to give a gift that helps the...
- BUILDING A BETTER TEAM. // Food Management;May2000, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p45
Focuses on director of dining services at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah, Dean Wright's advice for building a successful food service team. Conducting dreaming sessions; Encouraging staff to travel to other campuses and non-college foodservice locations; Implementing suggestions;...
- Reputation Building. // FoodService Director;10/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p56
The article presents information on the foodservice department of Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah. Lynne Hansen joined the department when her husband joined the faculty as professor of computer science twenty-six years ago. Over the years, based upon her prior catering experience and...
- 2009 BEST CONCEPTS AWARD WINNERS. // Food Management;Aug2009, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p26
The article announces awards given to noncommercial food service in the U.S. including the Best of Show award to Brigham Young University, the Best Sustainability Initiative award to Bon Appetit Management Co., and the Best Wellness Initiative award to Humana Inc.