FSD Travels to Taste of UMass
- Goodie Bags Boost Meal Plan Sales. // Food Management;Nov2000, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p16
Reports on the impact of the University of Massachusetts in Amherst, Massachusetts offer of a free bag of snacks and treats to the school's incoming freshmen. Role of the university's food service and housing departments; Cost of the bags; Decline in meal plan exemptions.
- Research on biopolymers and colloids. McCue, Nancy // Prepared Foods;Oct96, Vol. 165 Issue 11, p39
Focuses on different researches conducted at the center of excellence instigated by the Department of Food Science at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst, Massachusetts. Includes the research conducted to determine emulsifiers influence the rate and extent of lipid oxidation in food;...
- Best Renovation: The Blue Wall. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management Exclusive Insight;8/23/2015, p1
The article focuses on a renovation of the Blue Hall dining facility located at the Lincoln D. Murray Campus Center, University of Massachusetts-Amherst.
- BOOSTING SALES, CHECK AVERAGES: College foodcourts add Tyson's Sunset Strips. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the two United States universities that opened Tyson's Sunset Strips food service units in cash operations. University of Massachusetts in Amherst; University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point.
- Ken Toong: Unbridled Enthusiasm. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;5/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p42
The article offers a brief profile of Ken Toong, the director of Auxiliary Enterprises at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst, Massachusetts, who won the 2013 Silver Plate award.
- Food Emulsions Workshop. // Prepared Foods;Sep2005, Vol. 174 Issue 9, p129
Provides information on the Food Emulsions Workshop at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst in October 2005. Topics to be presented; Significance of the topics to be presented to food scientists; Target industries and institutions of the workshop.
- Students flock to Berkshire. // FoodService Director;12/15/206, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p4
The article reports on the reopening of the Berkshire Dining Commons at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst. Since the 800-seat dining commons reopened after a $13-million renovation, as many as 6,600 students have been flocking to the reimaged servery. In 25,000 square feet, the dining...
- Third-party Certification Improves Healthy Option Consumption at U Mass. // FoodService Director;9/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the aid of third-party certification in improving the healthy option consumption at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst, wherein the university has partnered with Sanitas Per Escam (SPE) Certified.
- In the quest for yummy. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;3/18/2014, pA02
In the quest for yummy but healthy foods, adjusting calcium level and acidity could lead to creamier desserts and dressings. A Univ. of Mass. Amherst research team reduced fat content, thereby lowering calories, in a model white sauce from 10% to 2% by controlling pH and and calcium content. In...