- The sweet taste of success: New techniques spice up honeyed concoctions. Regan, Gary // Nation's Restaurant News;3/20/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p34
The article presents several techniques of spicing up cocktails. Many bartenders are making a solution of equal parts honey and water. This syrup is easy to mix with other cocktail ingredients. Grasshopper chef-owned Charlie Deal has used maple syrup in a cocktail. He calls it Sweet Heat...
- More Mixologists Sweet on Bitters. Bellamy, Gail // Restaurant Hospitality;Jun2014, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p63
The article offers information on availability of flavor cocktails in various restaurants. It is noted that mixologist Josh Holliday's cocktail creation made with bacon-washed Old Overholt Rye and maple syrup at Swine Southern Table & Bar in Miami complement the restaurant's upscale Southern...
- Want to be the party host everyone is jealous of? // Cleo;May2008, p170
The article presents several recipes for cocktail drinks and alcoholic beverages for parties including the Cleo Crush, the Pomegranate Tequila Bramble and Kafir Lime Negroni.
- Crafting Classy Cocktails with Port. Plotkin, Robert // Restaurant Hospitality;Oct2007, Vol. 91 Issue 10, p88
The article describes special cocktails fortified with wine included in the Million Dollar Cocktail Collection. The Angels' Share is a combination of Remy Martin Louis XIII Cognac, Charbay Walnut Liqueur, Rocha 20-year Port and a splash of Chartreuse VEP. Another is the Port of Comfort which is...
- Attendees in good spirits at Tales of the Cocktail conference. Romeo, Peter // Nation's Restaurant News;10/31/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 44, p74
Reports on the gathering of spirit-loving consumers, beverage writers and mixology in New Orleans, Louisiana. Exhibition of cocktails and the art of bar tending during the gathering; Participation of bartenders, liquor representatives and beverage-service consultants during the event; Speakers...
- Cuban Masterclass. // Hospitality Ireland;Apr2008, Issue 46, p54
The article highlights the Havana Club masterclasses in Ireland in March 2008. The masterclasses were conducted by four professional bartenders from the Cuban Bartender's Club, which was formed in 1924 and subsided by distillers and liquor merchants, and was attended by bartenders throughout...
- THE COCKTAILIAN. Regan, Gary // Cheers;Mar2004, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p12
Presents an article on attending a Cocktails in the Country class in the U.S. Criticisms against the use of rum by bartenders in making cocktails; Description of the Golden Eye cocktail created during the class; Recipe of the cocktail.
- Lillet: A light and right-for-summer aperitif. Steves, Renie; Steves, Sterling // Fort Worth Business Press;7/18/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 29, Special section p22
The article presents several recipes for Lillet cocktails created by several bartenders including Lillet Blanc created by Dale DeGroff, Golden Lillet created by Serge Bergamo and Vecto Martini created by Ian Fleming.
- Cocktail Time. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/18/2012, Vol. 204 Issue 12, p24b
Rum expert and bartender Jack Terry presents recipes for alcoholic beverages featuring rum, including an Elder Statesman, a Keys Breeze, and a Frost Bite.