- Birds flock to the menu. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;Jun2010, Vol. 109 Issue 6, pFSB2
The article focuses on the initiatives of several restaurant operators in the U.S. to maximize the purchase of poultry products. Andy Howard of Wingstop in Garland, Texas says that they source chicken supply from different vendors. Ray Martin of BJ's Restaurant also mentions buying from several...
- French Label Rouge goes from strength to strength. Parker, Mike // Poultry World;Jun2010, Vol. 164 Issue 6, p24
The article focuses on the strength of French quality assurance project called Label Rouge since 1968. Agnes Laszcyzk, director of Syndicat National des Labels Avicoles de France (Synalaf), asserted the role of the project in returning the traditional approach to rearing chicken to the markets...
- From the Editor. Crow, Robert Thomas // Business Economics;Jul2010, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p145
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by JÃ¼rgen Stark on imbalances as the cause of the global financial crisis, one by Charles L. Evans on unemployment and one by Brian Sack on the challenges that should be managed by the U.S. Federal Reserve for...
- Thru-Hiking the Recession. Ehrlich, Nathan // Backpacker;Mar2010, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p58
The article focuses on the idea of unemployed hikers to make most of their time thru-hiking in the face of the recession.
- Hotel sale prices plummet as recession batters market. Duggan, Daniel // Crain's Detroit Business;8/30/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 36, p21
The article reports on the effects of recession on hotels in Detroit, Michigan which is manifested in their very low sale prices, occupancy and revenues per available room.
- Numbers now back up the "staycation" phenomenon. Yesawich, Peter C. // Hotel & Motel Management;6/1/2010, Vol. 225 Issue 6, p25
The reports on the results of the research conducted by "Hotel & Motel Management" on the performance of the staycation phenomenon, a new form of leisure travel, during recession in the U.S.
- REGIONAL DESIGN ANNUAL 2009. Gordon, Emily // Print;Dec2009, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p35
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the author discusses the articles on winners of the 2009 Regional Design Annual contest, profiles of winning artists, and the impact of current slowdown on the designers and their works.
- chapter 4: Special Report. // Peru Business Forecast Report;2010 1st Quarter, p29
The article focuses on the impact of the financial crises worldwide.
- About Crises, Competiveness and Globalization. MIHAITA, NICULAE V. // Journal of Organisational Transformation & Social Change;2010, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p3
The article introduces various reports published within the issue, including one by Jon Tucker on how complacency regarding past financial meltdowns led to the current crisis, one by Karl Farmer on the contributions less developed nations can make to the global economy, and another by Prabhu...