Martinsburg VA's Waste Watchers Program Honored
- A Healing Artist/Physician. Rorro, Mary C. // Italian America;Summer2012, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p10
The article reports on the induction of Dr. Mary C. Rorro, a psychiatrist who cares for veterans with posttraumatic stress disorder at the Department of Veterans Affairs in New Jersey, into the Italian American National Hall of Fame.
- Award of merit Health Care. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/3/2012, Vol. 269 Issue 16, pCA31
The article discusses the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Mental Health Center construction project in Palo Alto, California, focusing on the project's receipt of an award from the journal and the modification of an original construction plan to complete an additional building level.
- VA's Clinical Research Pharmacy wins quality award. Thompson, Cheryl A. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;2/1/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p174
The article announces that the pharmacist-directed Clinical Research Pharmacy Coordinating Center for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has been selected to receive the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. INSET: Two health systems selected for Baldrige award.
- VETERANS AFFAIRS REHABILITATION R&D SERVICE AWARDS FUNDING FOR RESEARCH ON IDA MOTIVATIONAL TOOLS. // Exceptional Parent;Oct2013, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p67
The article reports on a 2013 decision which the Rehabilitation Research & Development Service of the U.S. Veterans Administration made to fund research being conducted by Samantha Lewis of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairsâ€™ National Center for Rehabilitative Auditory Research and...
- VA Physician Wins Prestigious Cardiac Award. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;5/16/2011, p348
The article announces that the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs' principal deputy under secretary for health Robert Jesse has received a Raymond D. Bahr Award of Excellence presented by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- Honor Dedicated DAV Volunteers. // DAV Magazine;Sep/Oct2014, p11
The article announces U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (DAV), DAV seal award given to Ernest L. Flynn Sr. and Auxiliary Seal Award given to Fredrica L. Haymaker at the 93rd DAV National Convention.
- A medical center rehab scores big for the VA. Lucas, Peter // Energy User News;Dec98, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p15
Features the United States Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, winner of the 1999 Efficient Building Award given out by `Energy User News' periodical in the total rehabilitation category. Completion of installation of thermal storage ice system; Retrofitting of incandescent and...
- VA captures two awards. Morrissey, John // Modern Healthcare;9/16/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 37, p16
Reports on the awarding of the John M. Eisenberg Patient Safety Awards, sponsored by the National Quality Forum and the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, to a pair of facilities in the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, in 2002. Accomplishments of the Veterans...
- VA's Mail-Order Pharmacy Program Recognized as a J.D. Power 2011 Customer Service Champion. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;6/19/2011, p697
The article announces that the Consolidated Mail Outpatient Pharmacy (CMOP) program of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has received the J.D. Power 2011 Customer Service Champion award.