BERLUSCONI ON LEASH
- Tripoli makes oil change. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/15/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 37, p16
This article reports on the establishment of the Libyan Council for Oil and Gas Affairs in September 2006. The council will be chaired by Prime Minister Baghdadi Ali al-Mahmoudi and will have responsibility for managing the country's oil resources, including reviewing and assessing all oil projects.
- Untitled. // America;4/23/1910, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p40
The article focuses on the program of the Ministry for progressive school reform and social improvements in Italy. According to the article, well-informed critics affirm that the Premier's proposals imply one hundred and fifty millions more cash in hand than the country owns. It states that in...
- Polish PM to abolish office that advocates for gays. Wockner, Rex // Gay & Lesbian Times;11/17/2005, Issue 934, p37
The article reports that the new Polish Prime Minister Kazimierz Marcinkiewiez is abolishing the government agency that has advocated for GLBT equality in Poland.
- Berisha Wins. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Sep2005, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p8
Reports on the victory of Sali Berisha as prime minister in the parliamentary elections in Albania. Confirmation of the precise results of the elections based from the Central Election Commission; Indication that opponent Fatos Nano has been slow to accept defeat as reflected in lengthy delays...
- A New Energy Body. // Africa Monitor: North Africa Monitor;Nov2006, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p6
The article reports on the challenges faced by Prime Minister Shukri Ghanem in creating the Council for Oil and Gas Affairs, a new body that oversee energy policy, in Libya. The new agency is tasked with studying the formulas, options and mechanisms of deals that the National Oil Corp. (NOC)...
- Shared Equity Boosts Market. // National Mortgage News;6/6/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p24
Reports that the Treasury and Office of the Deputy Prime Minister have begun working with the private sector to help expand affordable home ownership through a shared equity scheme in Great Britain.
- Four 'super regulators' to replace inspectorates. McHugh, Joseph // Public Finance;3/18/2005, p6
Reports on the plans of Great Britain chancellor Gordon Brown to reduce the number of public sector inspectorates. Plans of Brown to reform public service regulation; Plans of Brown to replace several regulatory agencies with a single organization; Sectors to be covered by the inspectorates;...
- WEBSITE REVIEWS. Sapey, Bob // Community Care;6/5/2003, Issue 1475, p48
Reviews several Web sites on community care in Great Britain. Web site of the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister; Web site of the Scottish Office.
- Wales launches cull of 'quango-land'. Harding, David // Public Finance;7/23/2004, p13
Reports on the plan of the Wales ministers to take direct control of some Welsh government agencies. Changes in the landscape of the public sector; Annual expenditure of the government on a quango cull; Fear of employees on the layoff system.