How L.A County jails manage
- Feeding a graying prison population. LaVecchia, Gina // Food Management;Dec97, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p26
No abstract available.
- Corrections. // Food Management;Oct97, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p92
Focuses on the evolution of correctional foodservice. Formation of the American Correctional Food Service Association (ACSA) as a satellite to the American Correctional Association (ACA); Key role in the evolution of correctional foodservice; Meeting the standard dietary guidelines; Improvement...
- NEW TRENDS: Fewer civilian workers, price pressures loom. // FoodService Director;10/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p42
Reports on the impact of the decline of the civilian workforce on correctional foodservice operations in the U.S. Decline in commodity funds and products throughout the correctional system; Food budget at the all-male juvenile facility in Racine, Wisconsin.
- Michigan correctional unit moves in on `special buys.' Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;05/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p58
Reports that the Riverside Correctional Facility in Ionia, Michigan, has all but made up for the loss of United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) supplied commodities, by taking advantage of special opportunity buys. Other benefits which special buys have resulted in for the facility;...
- Training is ongoing: Working with special diets. // FoodService Director;05/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p58
Reports that part of Ionia, Michigan located Riverside Correctional Facility's ongoing menu enhancement program, has been to accommodate more special diets off the main food service line. Goal of the food service program; Instruction which inmates receive regarding healthy eating habits;...
- FOOD COSTS DROP IN FLA: Cost avoidance gives new meaning to LIFE in prison. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p24
Highlights the success of the food cost avoidance program implemented at the Central Jail in Manatee County, Florida. Goals of the Manatee County Inmate Vocational Program; Heart of the cost reduction plan; Aim of the aquaculture system created by the county prison.
- Neb. prison project includes laundry. // American Laundry News (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Apr2002, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p19
Reports on the addition of food service and central laundry facility in the construction program for the Nebraska Correctional Center for Women in York. Scope of the program; Estimated construction area for the housing unit, support space, segregation unit and food service and laundry...
- MarketCapsule: How prison F/S pay shapes up. // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p3
Presents a graph illustrating the gap between correctional and other segments of foodservice compensation in the United States in 1998. Percentage of increase in new food service facilities that will be built to accommodate the growing prison population.
- Fed meal costs rise 1.2% up 6.5% in states. // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p88
Reports on rise of food spending at federal and state prisons in the United States in 1997. Prison inmate costs and jail expenditures; Increase in cost of feeding civilian and guard staffs; Shift toward pay-as-you go among staff workers; Federal Corrections' contracting out of a portion of its...