In-house brands step to the plate
- WITH FOOD SAFETY EMPHASIS: U-Wisconsin re-opens kitchen. // FoodService Director;4/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p12
Reports on the re-opening of the renovated student union kitchen at the University of Wisconsin in Madison, Wisconsin as of April 15, 2002. Cost of the renovation project; Aim of the renovation; Additional equipment at the renovated student union kitchen; Difficulties experienced by the kitchen...
- Going for Great. // FoodService Director;10/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p16
The article features the distinctive dining concepts at the new Union South at the University of Wisconsin in Madison. Working with student focus groups, Wisconsin Unions foodservice team led by Carl Korz created five dining concepts that combine a special menu set and restaurant-influenced...
- UW Health to Stop Selling Sugary Drinks. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;10/31/2014, p2
The article reports on the plan of UW Health, an organization that represents the health care entities of the University of Wisconsin-Madison, to eliminate sugary drinks from its cafeterias by the end of 2014 to encourage patients, employees and visitors to consume healthier alternatives.
- Twenty-second Grabfest Promotes Campus C-store. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;11/19/2014, p6
The article focuses on the Flamingo Run Run conceived by Cathy Ness, food service administrator for the Rheta's Market operation of the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Topics covered include the goal of the school to provide an entertainment event for Halloween, the estimated cost of the...
- Univ. of Wisconsin accused of minority data sham. // Jet;12/24/90 - 12/31/90, Vol. 79 Issue 11, p25
Presents the results of a report by the Minority Coalition at the University of Wisconsin at Madison on charges that the university tampered with enrollment figures on graduation of minority students.
- Banning ethnic slurs on campus. // Newsweek;4/24/1989, Vol. 113 Issue 17, p68
Discusses recent action by the University of Wisconsin's Board of Regents that sets up a range of penalties for ethnic slurs on campus. The penalties may face a court challenge by the local chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU).
- University of Wisconsin opens amenity-laden residence hall. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;10/1/2012, p19
The article reports on the opening of Dejope Hall at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Paint courses. // Products Finishing;Mar97, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p108
States that the Center for Continuing Engineering Education of the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, is offering a three-day program entitled, `Paint, Coatings and Corrosion Prevention,' on April 15-19, 1997. Contact information.
- U of Wis. offers Aug. hvac courses. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;07/28/97, Vol. 201 Issue 13, p34
Announces the University of Wisconsin-Madison's offer of two heating, refrigerating and air conditioning (HVAC) courses in August 1997.