Feeding 4,000 inmates a day
- Alaska Reduces Recidivism. Attanasio, Joseph // Corrections Today;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p80
The article offers information regarding the effort of the Alaska Department of Corrections to reduce recidivism rates in the state.
- 2014 Alaska Department of Corrections Institutional Population. // Alaska Justice Forum;Summer/Fall2015, Vol. 32 Issue 2/3, p4
The article focuses on the 2014 Alaska Offender Profile published by the Alaska Department of Corrections (DOC), which include pretrial detainees, post-conviction inmates, and parole violators.
- Alaska Correctional Populations 2011. // Alaska Justice Forum;Fall2012/Winter2013, Vol. 29 Issue 3/4, p2
The article looks at offender population under the jurisdiction of the Alaska Department of Corrections from 1998 to 2011. Out of 4,734 prisoners at correctional institutions, 89% were male and 78% were felony offenders. About 47% of the prisoners are Caucasians and 20% of them are 25-29 years...
- Trends in Alaska Offender Demographics. // Alaska Justice Forum;Fall2012/Winter2013, Vol. 29 Issue 3/4, p4
The article discusses the trends in offender demographics from 2002 to 2011 at institutions under the Alaska Department of Corrections. The population of offenders aged 65 years and above from 2007 to 2011 rose by 55 percent. The number of offenders incarcerated due to violent crimes rose from...
- VALLEY BOON. Schmitz, Richard F. // Alaska Business Monthly;Oct2006, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p42
The article discusses the construction of a new prison complex in the Matanuska-Susitna Borough in Alaska in 2007. According to Alaska Department of Corrections Commissioner Marc Antrium, the prison will generate 400 to 600 full-time jobs for at least 40 years. The new prison is a joint project...
- DOC Rolls Out New Technology. // Alaska Business Monthly;Apr2006, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the deployment of the Citrix Presentation Server from Citrix Systems Inc. by the Alaska Department of Corrections. This allows correctional officers, probation officers and executives to access information stored in the Offender Tracking Information System throughout...
- 31% see more promos in '97: Menu brand-counts rise. // FoodService Director;3/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p1s
Reports on findings from `FoodService Director' periodical's study of menu-brand trends in the United States. Non-commercial operators' promotion of manufacturer brands daily and weekly; Increase in the number of food kiosks; Initiatives launched by soup marketers Campbell's and Stockpot; Taco...
- Breakfast cart revs up Marathon Oil Tower sales. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p5
Comments on the impact of the introduction of breakfast carts on the sales made by the Marathon Oil Tower in Houston, Texas. Information on the operations of the cart; Details on the service offered by the carts; Reference to the affordability of the commodities offered; Factors which influence...
- CALENDAR. // FoodService Director;11/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p60
Presents a schedule of events for the food service industry in Canada and the U.S. from November 2004 to October 2005.