Game Over For LBS?
- WIRELESS SERVICE PRICING JULY 2002. // Wireless Week;8/5/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 30, p14
Presents an overview of average monthly cost of wireless telecommunication service pricing across several U.S. markets for July 2002. Cause of cost declines in the markets; Business enterprises that engaged in plan modifications.
- Pakistan moves to CPP regime. // RCR Wireless News;11/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p46
Reports that the three cellular telephone operators in Pakistan will move to the calling party pays regime by the end of November 2000.
- Indian mobile operators face low tariffs, increasing competition. Sharma, Dinesh C. // RCR Wireless News;9/16/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p24
Examines the problems faced by mobile telephone operators in India. Decline in airtime tariffs; Factors which could boost the growth of the Indian mobile sector; Increase in competition from the roll out of cheaper code division multiple access mobile technology.
- Prepaid cellular plans big in P.R. DiMeo, Sam // Caribbean Business;4/25/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 17, p51
Reports on the excellent market demand for prepaid cellular plans in Puerto Rico. Key features of the service; Telecommunication firms that offer prepaid cellular plans; Pros and cons for consumers.
- Cellphone breakthroughs on the cards. van der Kooy, Rob // Finance Week;11/10/2000, p15
Reports on developments in the cellular phone services sector of South Africa as of November 10, 2000. Improvements in reception quality due to access to broader telecommunication bandwidth; Emergence of other cellular phone applications by late 2001. INSET: Knott-Craig remains excited..
- Robust Thai growth despite regulatory haze. Sharma, Dinesh C. // Global Wireless;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the increase in Thailand cellular market despite the lack of telecommunications reforms. Forecast on the number of fixed-line subscribers; Reason for the increase in number of subscribers; Information on the standard monthly tariff of a cellular user in Thailand.
- Cell Phones. // Consumer Reports Buying Guide;1999, p219
Discusses the improvements in features and costs of cellular telephone services.
- Phone portability creates intense telecom competition. Bethel, Amber // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/24/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p30
Reports that telecommunications companies are locked in intense competition for clients in New Orleans, Louisiana, after the implementation of the wireless local number portability rules of the Federal Communications Commission on November 24, 2003. Key stipulations of the ruling that requires...
- Carriers finding lucrative markets for prepaid wireless plans. Webster, Richard A. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/24/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p31
Reports on the emergence of prepaid wireless plans as a lucrative market for telecommunications carriers in New Orleans, Louisiana, in 2003. Customer reception for prepaid wireless plans; Key features of prepaid plans; Range of select prepaid plans available in the market.
- MoviStar: Another step forward in the cellular race. Chavez, Rodrigo Lopez // Caribbean Business;10/14/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 40, pS4
Features the MoviStar, an innovative cellular phone service in Puerto Rico. Provision of a telephone service adapted to the needs of the user; Incorporation of Internet features in the telephones.