Albany Medical Center sets plans to outsource meals
- Centralized solution. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;03/03/97, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p102
Reports on the reorganization of the Albany Medical Center in New York under which its physicians would operate as one unit. Suggestions made on how to improve efficiency at the faculty; Comments from James Barba, chairman of the Albany Medical Center board; Information on the faculty practice's...
- Work resumes on garage. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/21/94, Vol. 233 Issue 21, p13
Reports on the construction of a precast concrete parking garage at the Albany Medical Center in New York. Possible delay due to the investigation of a stairway collapse; Contractors involved in the project.
- Issues & events. // Engineered Systems;May95, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p14
Reports on the payment of the last installment of a utility rebate for the energy conservation project of Niagara Mohawk Power Co. to Albany Medical Center in New York State.
- New hvac system controls, drives improve efficiency at medical center. Brady, Matt // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/08/97, Vol. 202 Issue 15, p10
Details Albany, New York-based Albany Medical Center's (AMC) use of the Johnson Controls' Metasys control system to improve communications between all components of its heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems. Benefits of the system to AMC; Existing equipment to be integrated with the...
- Migraine relief with lidocaine. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;3/3/2015, pA02
The article focuses on a study conducted by Albany Medical Center researchers which reveals a novel way to treat headache through inserting a spaghetti-size catheter in the nasal passages of the patients to administer lidocaine to the nerves.
- `Smart' alloy an alternative to risk spinal surgery. // R&D Magazine;Apr96, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p11
Reports that Nitinol, is being used by researchers at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and Albany Medical Center to develop a treatment for scoliosis, to lengthen limbs. How techniques is done.
- Here's a new way to tackle the high costs of energy. // Health Facilities Management;Jul97, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p52
Focuses on the `Energy Partners Program,' a cooperative effort implemented by Johnson Controls to Albany Medical Center in Albany, New York to improve the hospital's operation and at the same time reducing energy costs. Metasys Facility Management System installed by Johnson which manages...
- Gunning for glutaraldehyde. Souhrada, Laura // Materials Management in Health Care;Mar99, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p44
Recounts how the Albany Medical Center in New York was able to institute standards of gluteraldehyde use for disinfection purposes. Impetus for the standardization efforts; Process behind the standardization; Ways for ensuring safe and effective use.
- Kids' Headaches Not Connected to Need for Glasses. // Review of Ophthalmology;Dec2012, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p4
The article reports on a retrospective study conducted by Albany Medical Center in New York on the relation of eye problems and headaches in children. The study examined the medical records of 158 children under age 18 who visit the clinic for headaches from 2002 to 2011. The study found that...