Cingular Heads North
- Cingular Starts Testing GAIT. // Wireless Week;1/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p5
Reports that Cingular Wireless has started field tests on interoperability standards allowing its subscribers to use both its global satellite for mobile communications and time division multiple access networks. Cingular's plan for the technology called, GAIT; Company that is providing the...
- BITS. // Wireless Week;4/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p16
Presents news in telecommunication business as of April 2002. Teen driving safety and courtesy program launched by Cingular Wireless; Rural Wireless Telecommunications Consumer Enhancement Act of 2002 introduced by Representative Barbara Cubin, R-Wyo.; Operators of a common wireless carrier...
- Cell phone demand up in lower Fairfield County. Archer, Rick // Fairfield County Business Journal;6/21/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 25, p6
Reports that wireless communications providers Verizon Wireless Inc. and Cingular Wireless LLC are expanding their networks in Fairfield County, Connecticut, to meet increasing demand. Verizon's installation of a cell site to cover the area around Fairfield University and Route 135; Cingular's...
- Cingular begins new phase of South Florida upgrade. // RCR Wireless News;2/9/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p14
Reports that wireless communication service provider Cingular Wireless LLC launched the second phase of its planned upgrade to its South Florida network, as of February 2004. Value of the project;Total number of additional communication sites included in the upgrade.
- Cingular Vows To Make Moving Easier. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;06/04/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p14
Reports on Cingular Wireless Incorporated's program that will make it easier for subscribers to transfer their wireless service when they relocate to new homes. Aim of the program; Service guarantee offered by Cingular's Customer Promise scheme; Other effort to help Cingular customers when they...
- The Cingular Sensation. Swartz, Nikki // Wireless Review;01/01/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the entry of Cingular Wireless, a merged company between BellSouth Wireless and Southwestern Bell Wireless, into the wireless marketplace. Annual revenue of Cingular; Number of brands offered by BellSouth and SBC that became Cingular Wireless on January 1, 2001; How the company...
- Cingular comes online with messaging interoperability. Smith, Hillary // RCR Wireless News;3/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on the introduction of the Interactive Messaging by Cingular Wireless in February 2002. Carriers of messaging interoperability; Outlook of the short messaging system market in the U.S.; Impact of the introduction of interconnect charges.
- All about location. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;11/20/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 21, p7
Comments on the commercial potential of wireless location-based technology for telecommunication carriers in the United States. Reason behind Cingular Wireless' decision to deploy commercial location-based services; Potential for big revenues from m-commerce; Downsides of the technology.
- Cingular upgrading network. Dickinson, Casey J. // Business Journal (Central New York);7/1/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p13
Reports on the investments of Cingular to upgrade its network in New York. Addition of towers, transmitters, software and data capacity; Cell improvements.