AOL Rides Wireless Data Wave
- RIM Enters The Voice World. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;3/11/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p12
Introduces the BlackBerry 5810, a mobile communication device from Research In Motion Ltd. Features of the device; North America carriers that plans to use the device.
- Modernized Mobile Messenger. Yager, Tom // InfoWorld;11/3/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p33
Evaluates the Research In Motion Blackberry 7230 mobile messaging device. Features; Results of the test conducted on the device; Software compatibility.
- AOL expands mobile Internet offering. // RCR Wireless News;4/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p30
Reports on the expansion of the mobile Internet services of America Online Inc.
- Treo 650 Scores BlackBerry. Krazit, Tom // InfoWorld;10/24/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p17
This article focuses on the decision of Palm Inc. to implement the BlackBerry push e-mail software from Research In Motion Ltd. for its Treo 650 smartphones in 2006. Treo 650s with the BlackBerry software will be capable of accessing e-mail delivered by Microsoft Exchange or IBM Lotus Domino...
- Industry Comment: Microsoft: pushing for mobile email dominance. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;July 2005, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p220
The article focuses on Microsoft Corp. which has made its bid to supplant company Research In Motion Ltd. as the leader in mobile email, unveiling addons for both its Windows Mobile operating system and Exchange Server 2003. Both the softwares enable push Outlook information and over-the-air...
- Palm OS gets RIM nod for enterprise smart phones. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;November 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p13
Reports on the designation of PalmSource's Palm OS as the smart phone device platform of choice for enterprises by BlackBerry wireless e-mail vendor Research in Motion (RIM). Availability of the software for connecting Palm-powered devices to BlackBerry services as a free download; President and...
- RIM CEO Says BlackBerry 10 Will Make RIM a Smartphone Leader. // CIO Insight;7/5/2012, p1
The article focuses on the statement of Thorsten Heins, the chief executive officer of Research In Motion Ltd. (RIM), stating that BlackBerry 10 platform will make the company a strong player in the smartphone and mobile computing markets. On a Canadian radio program, Heins stresses that the...
- Mobile gadgets. Wong, Ken // NetworkWorld Asia;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p42
The article evaluates several mobile equipment including the Apple iPad from Apple Inc., the ThinkPad Edge laptop from Lenovo Inc., and the Blackberry Storm2 smartphone from Research in Motion Ltd.
- The greatest tech comeback. // Flare (Pakistan);2/15/2013, p57
The article focuses on the comeback of the BlackBerry (BB) device of Research in Motion (RIM) Ltd, particularly the BB10 operating system (OS). It provides information on the reason why it is called BlackBerry and the first released BlackBerry smartphone, the 5810 in 2002. It also highlights the...