- Altered sympathetic nervous system signaling in the diabetic heart: emerging targets for molecular imaging. Thackeray, James T.; Beanlands, Rob S.; DaSilva, Jean N. // American Journal of Nuclear Medicine & Molecular Imaging;2012, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p314
Diabetes is commonly associated with increased risk of cardiovascular morbidity and mortality. Perturbations in sympathetic nervous system (SNS) signaling have been linked to the progression of diabetic heart disease. Glucose, insulin, and free fatty acids contribute to elevated sympathetic...
- The West has no monopoly on medical invention. // Machine Design;5/22/2008, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p35
The article evaluates the eZscan non-invasive diabetes screening device from Masimo Corp.
- Hyperglycemia-Induced Hypovolemia Is Involved in Early Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Alterations in Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetic Mice: A Comparison with Furosemide-Induced Hypovolemia. Joubert, Michael; Bellevre, Dimitri; Legallois, Damien; Elie, Nicolas; Coulbault, Laurent; Allouche, Stéphane; Manrique, Alain // PLoS ONE;2/22/2016, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p1
Aims: The aim of the study was to assess the early features of diabetic cardiomyopathy using cardiac magnetic resonance within the first week after streptozotocin injection in mice. We focused on the relationship between left ventricular function and hypovolemia markers in diabetic animals...
- Updating Experimental Models of Diabetic Cardiomyopathy. Fuentes-Antrás, J.; Picatoste, B.; Gómez-Hernández, A.; Egido, J.; Tuñón, J.; Lorenzo, Ó. // Journal of Diabetes Research;4/20/2015, Vol. 2015, p1
Diabetic cardiomyopathy entails a serious cardiac dysfunction induced by alterations in structure and contractility of the myocardium. This pathology is initiated by changes in energy substrates and occurs in the absence of atherothrombosis, hypertension, or other cardiomyopathies. Inflammation,...
- AVALIAÃ‡Ã•ES FÃSIOLÃ“GICAS ADAPTADAS Ã€ ROEDORES: APLICAÃ‡Ã•ES AO TREINAMENTO EM DIFERENTES MODELOS EXPERIMENTAIS. Gobatto, Claudio Alexandre; De Mello, Maria Alice Rostom; Manchado-Gobatto, Fúlvia de Barros; Papoti, Marcelo; Voltarelli, Fabrício Azevedo; Ledesma Contarteze, Ricardo Vinícius; De Araujo, Gustavo Gomes // Revista Mackenzie de Educacao Fisica e Esporte;2008, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p137
An important resource in exercise physiology is the simulation of conditions in animal models. Our Laboratory has been adapting and developed evaluation protocols and testing on physical training of rodents in different experimental conditions. The objective of this paper was to present and to...
- Impaired Coronary and Renal Vascular Function in Spontaneously Type 2 Diabetic Leptin-Deficient Mice. Westergren, Helena U.; Grönros, Julia; Heinonen, Suvi E.; Miliotis, Tasso; Jennbacken, Karin; Sabirsh, Alan; Ericsson, Anette; Jönsson-Rylander, Ann-Cathrine; Svedlund, Sara; Gan, Li-Ming // PLoS ONE;Jun2015, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p1
Background: Type 2 diabetes is associated with macro- and microvascular complications in man. Microvascular dysfunction affects both cardiac and renal function and is now recognized as a main driver of cardiovascular mortality and morbidity. However, progression of microvascular dysfunction in...
- 1151 Non-invasive diagnostic and functional evaluation of cardiac involvement in patients with systemic sclerosis Ciurzynski, M.; Bienias, P.; Glinska-Wielochowska, M.; Lichodziejewska, B.; Kurnicka, K.; Jankowski, K.; Kurzyna, M.; Liszewska-Pfejfer, D. // European Journal of Echocardiography;Dec2006 Supplement 1, Vol. 7, pS204
An abstract of the article "Non-invasive diagnostic and functional evaluation of cardiac involvement in patients with systemic sclerosis," by M. Ciurzynski and colleagues is presented.
- Non-Invasive Cardiac Diagnosis (Book). Sheps, David S. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Nov76, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p704
Reviews the book 'Non-Invasive Cardiac Diagnosis,' by Edward K. Chung.
- Preoperative Evaluation for Noncardiac Surgery. Ebell, Mark H. // American Family Physician;4/15/2004, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p1977
Presents a pre-operative evaluation of patients for non-cardiac surgery. Assessment of pre-operative risk factors; Indications for non-cardiac surgery; Selection of non-invasive testing.
- Non-invasive ventilation in cardiac surgery: a concise review. Cabrini, L.; Plumari, V. P.; Nobile, L.; Olper, L.; Pasin, L.; Bocchino, S.; Landoni, G.; Beretta, L.; Zangrillo, A. // Heart, Lung & Vessels;2013, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p137
Mild to severe respiratory dysfunction is still a common issue after cardiac surgery. Postoperative respiratory complications are associated with prolonged hospitalization and worse survival. In this high-risk surgery, noninvasive ventilation could have relevant positive effects. The present...