- Preliminary Worldwide handheld computer unit shipment estimates for 1998. // RCR;02/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p34
Presents graphs depicting worldwide handheld computer unit shipments in 1998.
- Clever combination or corrupted compromise? Schweber, Bill // EDN;11/09/2000, Vol. 45 Issue 23, p43
Reports on the capabilities of handheld personal computers. Features; Limitations; Reasons why potential users are reluctant to use the alternative to laptops and personal digital assistants.
- Strong handheld PC market receives boost with Comdex introduction. Gilroy, Amy // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/15/99, Vol. 14 Issue 26, p44
Reports on trends in the handheld computer market in the United States, in fall 1999. Sales performance of various vendors; Market developments helping trigger interest in the market; Inroads made by palm handheld computers in the corporate market; Products introduced by handheld computer...
- New Palms include smaller entry-level PDA. Niccolai, James // InfoWorld;08/28/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 35, p49B
Presents information on handheld computers launched by Palm in 2000. Design; Application features; Prices; Competition in the market.
- IDC Says Size Matters: Handheld Market to Grow. // IT Professional;Jul/Aug1999, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p61
Reports on the state of the handheld market in the U.S. Results of the Worldwide Smart Handheld Devices Market Review and Forecast 1999-2003; 1999 worldwide unit shipments; Leading vendor in the overall handheld device market.
- Hand-to-hand combat. // eWeek;06/05/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p1
Presents the results of a survey which looked at which of three companies is expected to dominate the market for hand-held computers.
- POCKET CHANGE. A.C.K. // Entrepreneur;Feb2003, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p44
Reports that growing competition is bringing down the prices of pocket computers. Price of ViewSonic's V35 and Dell's personal digital assistant; Features and technical specifications; Palm's ability to survive the competition.
- Sales of PDAs expected to double by year's end. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);09/01/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 35, p24B
Reports on NPD Intelect Market Tracking's numbers on personal digital assistant (PDA) sales in the United States during the first half of 2000. Comparison with sales in 1999; Total dollar sales; Top brands; Basis for prediction of sales for the remainder of 2000.
- Sonicblue Diamond Mako. Jacobi, Jon L. // Fortune;Summer2001 Special Issue, Vol. 143 Issue 13, p158
Evaluates the Sonicblue's Diamond Mako pocket computer. Speed; Key features; Service and support.