- Handset, meet soda machine. Weber, Toby // Telephony;10/23/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 17, p44
Features the Bluetooth, a specification that sets up short-range connections between mobile devices and the Internet. Examples of Bluetooth-enabled devices.
- Wireless realism to reign. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;12/25/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 52, p1
Presents an outlook for mobile Internet in 2001.
- It's All in the Mix. Walley, Wayne // Global Telephony;Feb2000, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p36
Focuses on the expected revenues from mobile Internet. Increase of Internet services; Deployment of wireless application protocol; Launching of third-generation networks; International Telecommunication Union's designation for 3G. INSET: A Toe in the Water..
- TalkSport plans mobile app after boom in visitors to revamped site. Cooper, Will // New Media Age;3/10/2011, p07
The article reports that sports broadcaster TalkSport is to roll out its first mobile application following a 600% growth in web traffic.
- Report says European Mobile Internet revenues will make up for UMTS license costs. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;3/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p110
Reports on the results of a study on mobile Internet services in Europe. Growth by 2005; Role in recovering costs for Universal Mobile Telephone System licenses; Factors valuing the worth of the wireless industry; Difficulty of the i-mode technology to penetrate the European market.
- China Approves 18 Next-Gen Internet Trial Cities. // China Telecom;Dec2013, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p2
The article reports that next-generation Internet trials approved in 15 cities across China including Beijing, Nanjing, and Shenzhen. The primary tasks of the trial includes promotion of next generation mobile communication, trial deployment of IPv6 technology strengthening of network address...
- Rising from the ruins. YURTH, CINDY // Navajo Times;11/8/2012, Vol. 51 Issue 45, pA-2
The article reports on the improvements made to the local infrastructure in Black Mesa, Arizona including the improvement to its cell phone reception and Internet connection.
- For cellcos, talk is cheap. Els, Frik // Finance Week;11/9/2001, p51
Focuses of the potential of consumer mobile applications to change business to consumer relationships in South Africa. Comparison of the impact between consumer mobile applications and the Internet on the society; Role of inadequacy of standards in holding back mobile commerce; Area of mobile...
- MobileChannel to deliver Olympic Internet content. // RCR Wireless News;9/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p44
Reports the plans of MobileChannel.Network to deliver a commercial mobile Internet content service during the Summer Olympics.