Layers Of Criticism For European Telcos
- Unbundling in Europe Will Fail. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Apr2000, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p18
Focuses on Forrester Research's report on local loop unbundling initiatives of telecommunication firms in Europe.
- System down again? You're not alone. // Crain's Chicago Business;10/14/96, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p19
Focuses on a report by Forrester Research, a consultancy, which claimed that despite each multinational corporation spends an average of $49 million annually on telecommunications, they still do not have that seamless global networks which they need. Factors that hinder companies trying to link...
- Content works best if tied to communication. // New Media Age;8/1/2002, p15
Describes prospects regarding integration of content services with communication, as reported by Forrester Research. Problems encountered by fixed, mobile and interactive television operators; Assertion concerning the integration.
- Contrasting opinions on m-payment's potential. Hilburn, Matt // Global Wireless;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p17
Reports on the effort of European mobile telecommunication providers to seek other products and services to boost sagging bottom lines. Plan of mobile operators in Spain to invest pesetas into a standardized system of mobile payments; Forecast of Forrester on consumer spending in mobile...
- Operators admit 3G forecasts unrealistic. // New Media Age;9/26/2002, p16
Reports on the forecasts of the company Forrester Research on the use of third generation (3G) wireless communications in Europe as of September 2002. Views of mobile operators on 3G communication; Predictions of Forrester analyst Michelle de Lussanet for 3G communication.
- Success stories in the strategic use of telecommunications: Companies that made it work. Littwin, Angela // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Sep96, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p52
Reports on the results of a Forrester Research study on the corporate use of strategic telecommunication. Federal Express' use of strategic telecommunications; Five major telecommunications directions pursued by companies; Reasons for the development of main telecom changes.
- Operator hopes for 3G overoptimistic. // New Media Age;10/17/2002, p17
Reports on the predictions of Forrester research company on the revenues of European operators from third generation (3G)/UMTS wireless telephones between 2002 and 2007. Percentage of revenues from 3G/UMTS phones; Plans for the deployment of UMTS networks; Usage of UMTS.
- M-commerce: Show Me The Money. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;06/05/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p3
Features a report by Forrester Research Inc. concerning mobile electronic commerce and consumer use of the wireless Internet. Forecast on revenue from mobile data; Perception of telecommunication companies on control of customers through mobile telephones.
- EDS LEADS IN EUROPEAN REMOTE INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGEMENT. // Mainframe Computing;Oct2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p8
The article reports that EDS has been named a leader in European Remote Infrastructure Management (RIM) by independent analyst firm Forrester Research. EDS was among the companies invited by Forrester to participate in its August 31, 2007 report, "The Forrester Wave: European Remote...